Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quilt addict 02-03-2012 01:36 PM

Okay, I took a look at the Singer Touch and Sew 758 last night and with a bit of oil she turns, but every few rotations she gets very stiff. Also downloaded a schematic and manual and realize that the only needle plate I have is the one for straight stitching. Yes I broke the needle immediately when tried the ZZ setting. Duh!

Does anyone have a T&S ZZ needle plate and any cams they are willing to part with?

I will get to cleaning tonight and see if sitting a day the oil has penetrated to that last stiff spot. Hope to also clean and touch up the cabinet and get this girl to a new home as soon as possible with minimal to no investment.

Charlee 02-03-2012 02:11 PM

Well...I've made a decision...I'm going to sell some of my machines in order to get that 115 that I saw last Tuesday...now it's just a question of deciding which ones to sell! :D

I think... my Singer 9W...my 1924 Singer 99...my Centennial 201-2...my White Number 8....and maybe the AG Mason New Florence in the gold rose decal cabinet...

ARGHHH!! This is HARD!! LOL

Candace 02-03-2012 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4939444)
Well...I've made a decision...I'm going to sell some of my machines in order to get that 115 that I saw last Tuesday...now it's just a question of deciding which ones to sell! :D

I think... my Singer 9W...my 1924 Singer 99...my Centennial 201-2...my White Number 8....and maybe the AG Mason New Florence in the gold rose decal cabinet...

ARGHHH!! This is HARD!! LOL

Hard, but good for you. It's nice to pass them onto someone else to enjoy. Gonna put them on CL? Good luck! Maybe there will be lots of free ladies this weekend with some cash to burn because they don't want to sit through the Super Bowl:>

Charlee 02-03-2012 02:29 PM

Yeah....I'll CL them...I'd rather not ship them if I can avoid it! :D Hopefully there are folks out there with their taxes back and money to burn!
May part with some extra attachments that I have hanging around too....I think I have an extra set for W&W 8 or 9... will have to look to make sure...

Glenn 02-03-2012 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4939503)
Yeah....I'll CL them...I'd rather not ship them if I can avoid it! :D Hopefully there are folks out there with their taxes back and money to burn!
May part with some extra attachments that I have hanging around too....I think I have an extra set for W&W 8 or 9... will have to look to make sure...

I wish you good luck on selling your machines, I know it is hard to get rid of some sometimes we just need to make room for those special ones we want to add to our collection.:D

Charlee 02-03-2012 03:41 PM

Thanks Glenn...it really is hard to decide to part with them, but I *really* want that machine and cabinet...so need to come up with the $$...
I nearly forgot, I have that Brother Industrial that I can sell too! :) That might save one of my others...

Kathie S. 02-03-2012 03:57 PM

Are all Singers 127 shuttle bobbins? I have a chance to get one but do not want another shuttle. Kathie

Charlee 02-03-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S. (Post 4939781)
Are all Singers 127 shuttle bobbins? I have a chance to get one but do not want another shuttle. Kathie

Yes...they're all shuttles... :)

Kathie S. 02-03-2012 04:12 PM

Thank you Charlee. Kathie

melinda1962 02-03-2012 07:51 PM

Charlee, I feel for you trying to decide which machines to let go. I will make my 50 by 50 (machines by the time my 50th birthday rolls around) when we clean out my mama's house next weekend, and then I am going to thin my herd as well. I have a few sentimental ones, but need the room, and have pics of all the machines at work, and the project they made, so I am planning to rehome some by the summer. I have treated them well, and will look for good homes for them. I think I mostly want to want them, and fix them up and make them sew, if that makes any sense. Because then I am pretty well done with them.