Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Bennett 03-25-2012 02:49 PM

:) I'd have to try making some hush puppies then--haven't had fresh-caught fish in many, many years, but I remember going fishing was always the thing to do at our family reunions. (That and try to get someone to teach you 42 so you could play dominoes with the adults). It was always catfish and fried with good old hush puppies.

Glenn 03-25-2012 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 5089990)
:) I'd have to try making some hush puppies then--haven't had fresh-caught fish in many, many years, but I remember going fishing was always the thing to do at our family reunions. (That and try to get someone to teach you 42 so you could play dominoes with the adults). It was always catfish and fried with good old hush puppies.

We used to go catfishing in Bridgeport lake near Decatur and my Grandma would make the hushpuppies. Then we would play dominoes. What a great time we had.

Charlee 03-25-2012 02:55 PM

YUM!! Glenn...what will you be fishing for???

miriam 03-25-2012 02:57 PM

Charlee - you fish for FISH

Glenn 03-25-2012 02:57 PM

I am going for Brim(shellcrackers) and catfish and maybe will get some bass.
Skip

Charlee 03-25-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5090007)
Charlee - you fish for FISH

:p :p :p You're feeling your Wheaties today!!

miriam 03-25-2012 03:05 PM

yeah, didn't have to go to work......
I got to play in my shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sniffed sewing machine oil..... does that you know.

wuv2quilt 03-25-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5089041)
I wanted to show you this from a 1949 Singer sewing manual. Never in a hundred years would I be able to do what it says.

Are you serious????? I'd sew with my hair a mess and in the nude.....if it wouldn't traumatize the family!!!:D :D :D

My-O-My how times have changed.

Charlee 03-25-2012 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5090025)
yeah, didn't have to go to work......
I got to play in my shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sniffed sewing machine oil..... does that you know.

I'm STILL at work... I wanna go home!!

melinda1962 03-25-2012 03:25 PM

I won a machine off shopgoodwill, and it came yesterday. It is a deluxe zigzag model, very similar to the Wizard I have been using. It had all the accessories and a manual, with a complete parts list with an exploded view of the guts of the machine, and the electric looks like new. It has a couple of scuffs where someone probably did a jeans zipper on the bed edge, but other than that, not much fun. It sews like a dream. Didn't miss a lick. I mean that is good, but I sort of like to work on them a little. But one daughter has only plastic, so this will be a good replacement for her machine. It just sounds like a sewing machine is supposed to sound. It is two tone brown/gold and pics will appear later.