Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 04-07-2012 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=miriam;5124289]Well, I finally made it to the store! I had a nice surprise when I went to my shop today - Phil was in there making shelves to put machines on. I took pictures of my 3/4 size machines while I was staying out of his way. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to get organized - nothing magic happened there... it is a whole bunch better than it was with machines all over the place. He hung an old cabinet to put stuff in too. My next request is something other than a naked light bulb for the whole room...... I have trouble lights but they aren't the greatest. Anybody have a light they really like?

You tell Pat next time Phil makes scones I'll throw one her way. He says 'Hey'[/QUOTE

Ok I will tell her

chris_quilts 04-07-2012 05:03 PM

For Easter, I am baking the 2nd of 2 cheesecakes. one is a ne York style cheesecake and the other is a test run of a chocolate NY style cheesecake. Also having prime rib roast instead of ham cuz younger DD hates ham and didn't want turkey.
FYI: I bought a 2nd cheesecake pan (Nordicware) and it's got a smaller circumference than my Wilton springform (cheesecake pan). I am bummed but had no choice. Will try to find another Wilton pan or go up to a 10" springform pan if I cannot find another Wilton pan.
Chris

justtrish 04-07-2012 06:38 PM

Happy Easter everyone!

Just wanted to know if anyone can tell me more about mt 15-91
serial - jc302805.

So far I have a manufacture year of 1948.

chris_quilts 04-07-2012 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish (Post 5124717)
Happy Easter everyone!

Just wanted to know if anyone can tell me more about mt 15-91
serial - jc302805. So far I have a manufacture year of 1948.

Well, I looked up JC serial #s and didn't find anything. BUT, serial # AJ302805 is a class 15, manufactured on Dec 19, 1949, with a run of 50,000. I don't know if this is your machine 's serial # but got nowhere with a JC serial # and just a J serial # was a Singer 128, I think. I hope this helps and Happy Easter.
Chris

miriam 04-08-2012 02:25 AM

3 size Japanese 15 clone sewing machines

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]326202[/ATTACH]I snapped some pics yesterday

miriam 04-08-2012 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another point of view
Cinderella, Alden and no name on the big guy [ATTACH=CONFIG]326203[/ATTACH]

miriam 04-08-2012 02:31 AM

Cinderella, Alden and an unnamed full sized Japanese 15

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]326205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]326206[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]326207[/ATTACH]

miriam 04-08-2012 02:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Cinderella and the Noname have the same tension/nose and slide plate. They all have the same setup on the bobbin area. The Alden has a smaller slide plate than the others. The Alden and Noname have the same bobbin winder. Cinderella has a junky bobbin winder. The Cinderella is very light weight and is seamed together. Compare it to a FW. Yes, they both need some finish work Glenn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]326208[/ATTACH]

miriam 04-08-2012 02:41 AM

I think I need to buy stock in the sewing machine belt company - I must need 20 or so belts - I also took pictures of some 3/4 size machines. It will be a long post. I have some pretty cool machines. Also if you have a 3/4 machine please feel free to tag on and we should have a pretty good gallery of 3/4 size when we get done. I haven't done it yet - waiting for some late night so I don't get people trying to say how nice it is while I'm posting it...

miriam 04-08-2012 02:46 AM

Cinderella and her pumpkin need a transformation. Both smell like they have been in Muv's outhouse for a very long time. (I got a kick out of that, Muv) Around here it would be a shed - an outhouse is the little house out back with two seats with holes - my grandma would visit there daily at the least and hold court - never went in the house unless it was a dire emergency. Never mind - it smells like either one. The finish is in horrid shape there is a bit of rust on the base and the wires are clipped. Cinderella cut shuck of the mice and horses and has a regular motor - same size as Noname.