Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

mlaceruby 07-14-2010 08:05 PM

OH!
pretty cabinet

Lostn51 07-14-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Okay, this is what I picked up tonight that Billy found for me. Domestic Electric Rotary in cabinet. Serial #FR7514281. The cabinet has been restained on the outside and the machine is really clean, and oily. I will have to clean before I use it to sew. Also want to connect the pitman instead of the electric motor.

Nice box of attachments that are a bit rusty. Now to read the manual. :D :D :D

Thanks Billy

Hey Lisa I guess I did really good huh?!? That is a really nice machine but you know I am in love with the cabinet!! I think you did wonderful and I know it has a loving home, but I do have one question.......Can I play with it when I am there? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

auntiehenno 07-14-2010 08:17 PM

Jan, this Singer is sew beautiful.. I bought one in a refinished case a couple of years ago, like yours--$450.00
Love mine.

auntiehenno 07-14-2010 08:18 PM

quilt addict. Yours is very nice also.

auntiehenno 07-14-2010 08:21 PM

mlaceruby; Fantastic!!!

When I learn how to do photos from my camera will share also.

quilt addict 07-14-2010 08:21 PM

[quote=Lostn51
Hey Lisa I guess I did really good huh?!? That is a really nice machine but you know I am in love with the cabinet!! I think you did wonderful and I know it has a loving home, but I do have one question.......Can I play with it when I am there? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy[/quote]

Of course you can if you can find the time. We are supposed to be out there shopping for some new great finds! There are some worm holes in the top, but I think that adds character. Well, that's the story I am going to tell.

auntiehenno 07-14-2010 08:27 PM

The Hot Rod Singer is a beauty. I have the red eye, I think!

Lostn51 07-14-2010 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Of course you can if you can find the time. We are supposed to be out there shopping for some new great finds! There are some worm holes in the top, but I think that adds character. Well, that's the story I am going to tell.

We did really good on that deal!!! Now we need to find a Drawing Room Cabinet for the Lotus 66 and you are golden!! I really like that it is a Non Singer and the cabinet style!!

Yes we are going to have a BLAST when I am there!!

Billy

quilt addict 07-14-2010 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, Billy, you may have to wrestle Missy for it. She has made it her new throne. Of course she does that with each new machine. I thought in the front foyer they wouldn't be interested.

Missy's new throne
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76989[/ATTACH]

Miz Johnny 07-15-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Dunster and Darcene you two are amazing at finding really cool sewing machines!

I thought I would have a change of pace and found this Brother Select-O-Matic type HZ3-B1. I couldn't resist because it looked like it had a tachometer (left of "Brother"). LOL. Found out later that it really is the stitch width indicator.

I haven’t had a chance to take her for a spin yet but I am really excited.

I need to find a downloadable manual as the manual that came with it is flaking so bad I hate to use it much.

If anyone has a source for a manual please let me know.

Judy

I have one of these; I've taken the motor off (left the light) and use it in a treadle. If you find a manual for it or decide to photocopy yours, let me know where, as I've been searching for several years.

The cabinet is beautiful!