Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 07-20-2012 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5379845)
Nancy, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm going! Which two Japanese machines are you bringing?

The Morse, and an Electra black 15 with a scroll face plate. I will be in a class at SS from 10 - 4, so Shirley is going to watch my table with the machines! Come on in the store! The yard sale will be from 10-2, and from what I hear there will be lots of quilt kits, fabric, etc., all sewing stuff! They are holding the yard sale in the big barn next to Shared Stitches! I will know more what I am bringing after I go through my machines today!

Nancy

BoJangles 07-20-2012 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5379965)
After 50 days in the hospital, DH is finally home. He is in remission from leukemia right now, and hopefully will stay that way. I am extra busy now trying to fatten him up. (40 pounds loss in 50 days takes a toll on a body, Plus chemo) Thanks for all your prayers, well wishes and notes. They mean a lot. Still won't be on much, but will be reading.

Texas Jan

Jan that is such fantastic news! So glad to hear this! You two take care and we will keep up the prayers!

Nancy

vintagemotif 07-20-2012 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5379965)
After 50 days in the hospital, DH is finally home. He is in remission from leukemia right now, and hopefully will stay that way. I am extra busy now trying to fatten him up. (40 pounds loss in 50 days takes a toll on a body, Plus chemo) Thanks for all your prayers, well wishes and notes. They mean a lot. Still won't be on much, but will be reading.

Texas Jan

Texas Jan, So happy to read that your husband is home! <<Hugs>>

Crossstitcher 07-20-2012 09:37 AM

Jan, So glad your husband is home and I hope he continues to improve. You take care of your self too!

Candace 07-20-2012 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5380028)
The Morse, and an Electra black 15 with a scroll face plate. I will be in a class at SS from 10 - 4, so Shirley is going to watch my table with the machines! Come on in the store! The yard sale will be from 10-2, and from what I hear there will be lots of quilt kits, fabric, etc., all sewing stuff! They are holding the yard sale in the big barn next to Shared Stitches! I will know more what I am bringing after I go through my machines today!

Nancy

Yes, I'm for sure going in the store. I need backings for several quilts. See you tomorrow!

Kathie S. 07-20-2012 02:50 PM

Okay you guys, I need some help as my mind must be in lala land. I have not used my 99 in over a year and I need
to hem some jeans. Does the needle thread left to right, or does it thread right to left. Thanks in advance, Kathie

J Miller 07-20-2012 03:02 PM

Needle goes in FLAT to the RIGHT
Thread goes in LEFT to RIGHT

Joe

Kathie S. 07-20-2012 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5380824)
Needle goes in FLAT to the RIGHT
Thread goes in LEFT to RIGHT

Joe

Thank you Joe. Kathie

Janis 07-20-2012 04:50 PM

Jan, thanks for the update on your husband. Wonderful news!!! I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

irishrose 07-20-2012 04:57 PM

Jan, that's good news about your husband. My favorite weight gainer after an illness is homemade cheesecake.