Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quilterguy27 07-24-2010 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
WOW I leave the shop for a day and I have 5 pages to read!!

Billy

This is what I'm afraid of. I'm going into the hospital next week for heart surgery and will be in there for at least 5 days and I just know I'm going to get really far behind on reading everyone's updates. But at least it will give me something to do while I'm recovering.

Miz Johnny 07-24-2010 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Scotlass
Thanks Miz Johnny for the link to the manual for my F&R. You indicated you had virtually the same machine, by any chance do you have a source for needles?

thankx, Scotlass

A lot of people are using 16x257 in their German transverse shuttle machines. They don't work in Singer Model 12, though, because the top diameter is too big. One place I buy from is CTSUSA.com, but I would do some looking to see how the prices measure up.

Miz Johnny 07-24-2010 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I'm going into the hospital next week for heart surgery and will be in there for at least 5 days and I just know I'm going to get really far behind on reading everyone's updates. But at least it will give me something to do while I'm recovering.

Make sure to stretch the recovery out long enough to have a little fun with machines and fabric!
Sending you good thoughts.

quilterguy27 07-24-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

I'm going into the hospital next week for heart surgery and will be in there for at least 5 days and I just know I'm going to get really far behind on reading everyone's updates. But at least it will give me something to do while I'm recovering.

Make sure to stretch the recovery out long enough to have a little fun with machines and fabric!
Sending you good thoughts.

Thanx, I appreciate that, but the sooner I recover the sooner I will get back to fun with machines and fabric. That's what I'm looking forward to.

BoJangles 07-24-2010 10:13 AM

Billy, I just bought a Singer Treadle. It says Patented Aug 1, 1911, Dec 6, 1910. It has the number G3065149 on it plus HI 4-7407 and TE 6-3357. Do you know anything about this machine? I have never used a Treadle. It is pretty frozen up, but very pretty. I'd like to find a copy of an owner's manual and some instructions on how to use it. It needs a belt, but has lots of attachments. The cabinet is pretty bad, but still has some very nice wood molds on the front and side. The treadle part seems to be fine.

Can you help me?

Nancy

Honchey 07-24-2010 10:23 AM

Hi, It is a model 27 made in Elizabeth, NJ, lot of 50,000 in 1910

Lostn51 07-24-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Billy, I just bought a Singer Treadle. It says Patented Aug 1, 1911, Dec 6, 1910. It has the number G3065149 on it plus HI 4-7407 and TE 6-3357. Do you know anything about this machine? I have never used a Treadle. It is pretty frozen up, but very pretty. I'd like to find a copy of an owner's manual and some instructions on how to use it. It needs a belt, but has lots of attachments. The cabinet is pretty bad, but still has some very nice wood molds on the front and side. The treadle part seems to be fine.

Can you help me?

Nancy

Nancy you have yourself a Singer model 127 with 25,000 of them allotted on June 26 1913. The difference between the 27 and 127 is the location of the bobbin winder. The 27 is mounted low and the pillar and the 127 is mounted high next to the hand wheel.

You have a nice machine and the VS machines are so soothing to use on a treadle. It really takes you back to the good old days......

Billy

Lostn51 07-24-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
WOW I leave the shop for a day and I have 5 pages to read!!

Billy

This is what I'm afraid of. I'm going into the hospital next week for heart surgery and will be in there for at least 5 days and I just know I'm going to get really far behind on reading everyone's updates. But at least it will give me something to do while I'm recovering.

Well Doug you need to take it easy and you can catch up on the post while you are on the mend after the surgery. Try not to give the nurses to much grief, I love how they are always waking you up to ask you if you are sleeping........

I will be keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery!!

Billy

Lostn51 07-24-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi, It is a model 27 made in Elizabeth, NJ, lot of 50,000 in 1910

Anne you forgot a digit........:lol: Thats okay I do it all the time with the "G" series because it was the largest run in singers history.

Billy

Kitzone 07-24-2010 10:34 AM

This is what I'm afraid of. I'm going into the hospital next week for heart surgery and will be in there for at least 5 days and I just know I'm going to get really far behind on reading everyone's updates. But at least it will give me something to do while I'm recovering.[/quote]

Doug,
We wish you well in your recovery as we keep you and your family in our prayers.

Plz keep us updated on your recovery.

Judy