Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

JuliaG 09-12-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 5506517)
Hi Julie,

Your Clipper is a Davis Model M if the bed measures close to full size 14". Model N is 3/4 size. Rough dating is 1910-1920. Davis New Vertical Feed owners (NVF) will recognize the cast base. Nice looking machine and woodwork.

Jon

jlhmnj THANK YOU! I had consigned myself to never learning anything about it. I was supposed to pick it up today but the guy wasn't there, he was two hours away, :(. He got held up. I'm not mad though-he offered free delivery. So once I get it I will post pics of it for you...i'm forgetful though you may have to remind me <:)

Jennb I can't wait to get it home, I couldn't resist the unique cabinet, and my inability to find info on it was just too enticing. And I was itching to add a treadle to the "collection".

pfroggg 09-12-2012 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5503343)
I am back and wondering how the TOGA went last Saturday? Did any of you go? Did any you get goodies from Cathy and Pat's pile of thinned goodies?

Hi Nancy,

The TOGA was lots of fun; you should have been there! I went with 7 miscellaneous heads and electrics and came home with only one. :o

pat

Charlee 09-12-2012 02:50 PM

:( The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!

Candace 09-12-2012 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5509886)
:( The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!

Boo..... to bad:<

JudyTheSewer 09-12-2012 03:41 PM

I was hoping you would get it too. It sounds like a very nice machine. I hope a good one comes along for you soon!

Crossstitcher 09-12-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by startella18 (Post 5508105)
This is really cool!
I don't quilt yet, but I want to get my recently acquired vintage singer model 101 going.
and I saw a posting on here about someone that had one.
I was just wondering if there is anyone in virginia that has one, or knows how to work on them.
I just took it apart tonight a bit to see what was wrong with it, and plan on taking it to get looked at, but would like to learn how to fix it myself.
Thanks, and hopefully as soon as I get it fixed, I can use it to make my first quilt!

We have a 101 that didn't work when we got it. DH fixed it. What is your machine not doing? Ours had to be rewired. It didn't sew but now it does. You can send me a pm if you want.

purplefiend 09-12-2012 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5507564)
Charlee, I'd get that 230 in a heartbeat! I think Sharon has a 230?

Nancy

I have Pfaff 60 treadle. I love it!!
Sharon

miriam 09-12-2012 05:03 PM

There is a Pfaff down in Bloomington Indiana... I wish I had the time...

purplefiend 09-12-2012 05:23 PM

Was the machine in good condition otherwise? Could it be treadled?
Sharon

Kathie S. 09-12-2012 05:48 PM

Nancy, how about posting a picture of your new Singer machine for others to see. It is adorable. Kathie