Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Charlee 09-12-2012 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5510202)
Was the machine in good condition otherwise? Could it be treadled?
Sharon

Yes...but I don't need another treadle...wanted this one for the "embroidery" stitches....

purplefiend 09-12-2012 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5510253)
Yes...but I don't need another treadle...wanted this one for the "embroidery" stitches....

I guess its a good thing I don't live near you, I'd have had to bring it home. :D

Charlee 09-12-2012 06:25 PM

:D Want I should pick it up for you?

purplefiend 09-12-2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5510321)
:D Want I should pick it up for you?

If it didn't cost so danged much for shipping, you know I would!!!

nurseknitsLaura 09-12-2012 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5503343)
Hello everyone! I have been gone for a week with out of state company! I am back and wondering how the TOGA went last Saturday? Did any of you go? Did any you get goodies from Cathy and Pat's pile of thinned goodies?

Nancy

Yes, indeed. A cute little VS eldridge, a Singer clone branded "smart" that we made into a hand crank for ten year old son, and another 15 clone branded simpsons, which 14 year old son wants as a hand crank, so he can sew "after the zombie apocalypses". (He is bonded to a Morse that sews like a sherman tank. I think he just want s the HC because little brother has one) But we need another hand crank around here for play dates. So I might just convert it. Pat smiled knowingly as I took them, and said "you're in an earlier stage" and then drove off fast before I changed my mind! Laura

wesing 09-12-2012 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5509886)
:( The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!

Sorry to hear that. I haven't researched, but I think the power cord should be an easy find. I don't know what the bobbin cases are selling for. Keep looking - they seem to find you.

Darren

Candace 09-12-2012 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by wesing (Post 5510516)
Sorry to hear that. I haven't researched, but I think the power cord should be an easy find. I don't know what the bobbin cases are selling for. Keep looking - they seem to find you.

Darren

Not true. Pfaff cords, for vintage machines, are pricey and usually a bit hard to find.

miriam 09-12-2012 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5509886)
:( The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!

What kind of bobbin case do they take?

BoJangles 09-13-2012 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by pfroggg (Post 5509717)
Hi Nancy,

The TOGA was lots of fun; you should have been there! I went with 7 miscellaneous heads and electrics and came home with only one. :o PAT

Pat I wanted to come so bad, but I had my Aunt here from Washington for 9 days. She comes once a year to visit, and she is not into any kind of sewing or sewing machines. I don't feel it is right to leave company who arrange their schedule, plan, and spend the money to come - I have to rearrange my schedule too. I would of loved to see what you and Cathy were willing to give up! Hopefully, next time I will be there!

I picked up another TSM on Monday. It is my second Singer made in about 1950. The lady I bought it from had had the machine from the time she was a little girl. My Aunt saw the machines I already had and said she has my Grandmother's TSM, which she is going to mail to me! My grandmother was born in 1906 so I am really excited to get her machine!

Nancy

BoJangles 09-13-2012 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura (Post 5510337)
Yes, indeed. A cute little VS eldridge, a Singer clone branded "smart" that we made into a hand crank for ten year old son, and another 15 clone branded simpsons, which 14 year old son wants as a hand crank, so he can sew "after the zombie apocalypses". (He is bonded to a Morse that sews like a sherman tank. I think he just want s the HC because little brother has one) But we need another hand crank around here for play dates. So I might just convert it. Pat smiled knowingly as I took them, and said "you're in an earlier stage" and then drove off fast before I changed my mind! Laura

Laura, I am happy you got some new machines! I'd like to see photos of the HC's. I was thinking about you and the 401 you wanted. Obviously, I didn't make it down there with the 401! The truth be told, I was not in a hurry to part with my 401 anyway! I have a very hard time parting with certain models! I sold 5 machines this summer, but the 500's and 400's are not the ones I have parted with!

Nancy