Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quiltdoctor 11-15-2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4683616)
Jan very nice prep work can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks Glenn, I've had a good teacher.:thumbup:

Texas Jan

quiltdoctor 11-15-2011 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 4683631)
Yes, indeed. It is hard to believe that is the same table. When is the stain coming? Have you posted pics of the machine yet?

The stain should be here by Thursday. They shipped the wrong thing, so they had to reship it. Here is a picture of the front of the machine. It will likely have to be repainted. It has been out in the weather for at least 10 years.

vintagemotif 11-15-2011 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 4683950)
The stain should be here by Thursday. They shipped the wrong thing, so they had to reship it. Here is a picture of the front of the machine. It will likely have to be repainted. It has been out in the weather for at least 10 years.

Awesome project! You have done an excellent job so far.

jlhmnj 11-15-2011 04:53 PM

Looks like the Singer 12 has returned from the dead

quiltdoctor 11-15-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 4683997)
Looks like the Singer 12 has returned from the dead

She does have a bit more color to her at this point. Just have to keep working on the old girl.

Texas Jan

quiltdoctor 11-15-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4683961)
Awesome project! You have done an excellent job so far.

She is a labor of love. I had to talk to her previous owner about 6 weeks before he would turn her loose for a reasonable price.

Texas Jan

BoJangles 11-15-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 4683424)
I am no longer getting email notices that there are replies. That makes it hard to figure out where to start reading. Anyone else know what to do about that??

Miz Johnny,

Go to "Settings" top menu
now on the left side "My Account"
then "General Settings"
now "Messaging & Notifications"
then "Default Thread Subscriptions"
now "Instantly using e-mail Subscriptions"
be sure and go to bottom of page and "SAVE"

Hope this helps!

Nancy

BoJangles 11-15-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 4683525)
I'll jump off the bridge and show my "hopeful" restoration of my Singer fiddlebase cabinet top. Glenn has been helping me along with it. In the beginning it has no finish, so I had to start at the filthy wood and work my way back. I love the oil stain on it that shows where a big round blade has been laid on it and left its greasy outline. Such stories this old girl could tell.

First picture is as she was found, then glueing her back together, before lots and lots of cleaning with denatured alcohol and finally sanded and ready for staining(when my ordered stain arrives).

Texas Jan

Quiltdoctor, WOW, you are a treadle/sewing machine doctor! What a fantastic job of restoring that cabinet! What a job you took on too! Amazing!

Nancy

Miz Johnny 11-15-2011 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 4683525)
I'll jump off the bridge and show my "hopeful" restoration of my Singer fiddlebase cabinet top. Glenn has been helping me along with it. In the beginning it has no finish, so I had to start at the filthy wood and work my way back. I love the oil stain on it that shows where a big round blade has been laid on it and left its greasy outline. Such stories this old girl could tell.

First picture is as she was found, then glueing her back together, before lots and lots of cleaning with denatured alcohol and finally sanded and ready for staining(when my ordered stain arrives).

Texas Jan

This already looks like a success story!! You guys amaze me!! My mom was the woodworker of the family, and didn't pass any of it on to me. I don't believe I would even begin to tackle something like this, but so glad you did!!

BoJangles 11-15-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie (Post 4682840)
Have any of you run into this...I checked my e-mail and had a reply in this thread. I check in quite often because otherwise it's hard to keep up with the posting. When I click I was sent back to page 2269. Then I couldn't change the page. Weird or what? I closed the page and went back to e-mail and tried again. Right to the last page. Hope it was a one time thing, just starting to figure the new QB out.

MisDixie, I think the board has been acting up. I have had trouble moving around, trouble 'editing,' sometimes trouble even posting. The board acts like it is frozen sometimes.

Nancy