Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

grayhare 10-03-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5560236)
:D That's because it's a makeover.

It's the modge podge... Hmmmm....I wonder if...okay bad idea :)

miriam 10-03-2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare (Post 5560292)
It's the modge podge... Hmmmm....I wonder if...okay bad idea :)

ROTFLMBO Yeah - I wonder too. maybe that's what they used on Barbie.

Charlee 10-03-2012 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the cabinet that I painted with a patchwork design. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367435[/ATTACH]

Miriam, I'll keep Wilbur in my prayers!! Hope you have an answer soon!

grayhare 10-03-2012 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5560384)
Here's the cabinet that I painted with a patchwork design. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367435[/ATTACH]

Miriam, I'll keep Wilbur in my prayers!! Hope you have an answer soon!

Hi Charlee, good to see you here on the board, I hope you are feeling better!! I remember seeing the patchwork design, but I don't remember seeing the Singer lettering. I like it very nice!
Anamaria

ArchaicArcane 10-03-2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare (Post 5560143)
You can see the clear coat (I'm guessing) looks like alligator skin.
Anamaria

I was told by an OSMG that the alligatoring is from it being outside and freezing. Outside can mean in an unheated shed. Freezing means downright freaking cold, not just the somewhat below freezing that we often think about though.

BoJangles 10-03-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5560267)

Miriam, that is just plain ugly!

Charlee, I hope you are doing better?

Miriam, how old is Wilbur?

Nancy

quiltingweb 10-03-2012 07:21 PM

I like it Charlee! And as for the "lady", I think I would have put some clothes on her...

irishrose 10-03-2012 07:26 PM

Miriam, 1) Has your daughter given Wilbur any acidolphilus to replenish the good bacteria in his gut that the antibiotics are killing off along with the baddies? That will help with the gas and diarrhea. 2) After you 'Copy' something, go to where you want it in added to your reply and right click. 'Paste' should be one of the options in the dropdown box. My GD put Chrome on my computer this summer and I asked her that one before she left.

Anamarie, that's not like my blonde cabinet. Mine is the fake Limed Oak from the 50s - 70s. Very blonde with a fake woodgrain. It's a factory appliqued finish.

ArchaicArcane 10-03-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5560590)
Miriam, 1) Has your daughter given Wilbur any acidolphilus to replenish the good bacteria in his gut that the antibiotics are killing off along with the baddies? That will help with the gas and diarrhea.

A -good- yogurt should do the trick for this as well. Many of them will list acidolphilus and bifidus on the label, and with the flavors, it's like a treat. Easy to administer. :)

Good luck, hope he starts feeling and getting better soon!

ArchaicArcane 10-03-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare (Post 5560283)
Here is a picture of part of the cabinet top. I picked it up in my car, so I took it apart to bring it home, and didn't put it back together. I will do that tomorrow and take a picture.

There's a really good chance that Restor-A-Finish in the right color and some Feed'N'Wax would take care of that. It looks better than my 27's treadle did when I brought it home, and that's all I've done to the treadle so far (besides the restoration, but we're talking finish here) It's not completely "gone" as far as marks, but you don't see them unless you look for them. Bringing up the luster with the Feed'n'wax hides a ton too.