Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

J Miller 11-05-2012 05:47 AM

Clare,

£20.00 converts to $32.07 USD according to my currency calculator. It's amazing to me how the price range of these aprons is so consistent from one country to another.

Joe -- Elaine read this too, but is getting ready for a new job orientation.

nanna-up-north 11-05-2012 05:57 AM

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I will find out today if I will have surgery. The pain meds make me a little sick but keep the pain manageable.

Love the aprons. I got a pattern for an apron at an estate sale before we left the cabin...I want to make it but will have to wait for healing. It's probably a 40's style.

jpete523 11-05-2012 06:12 AM

Joe (and Elaine) I checked the prices for vintage and handmade aprons on etsy.com and it looks like your pricing is in the same range as those selling on that site. I often find the etsy sellers' prices more reasonable than ebay's. HTH! Yours are really cute aprons and I wish you good luck.

Jan

Crossstitcher 11-05-2012 06:23 AM

Joe and Elaine, I love the aprons. I too have patterns but never got around to making one. Have fun selling them I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments on them.

chris_quilts 11-05-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5636125)
Joe and Elaine, I love the aprons. I too have patterns but never got around to making one. Have fun selling them I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments on them.

Trish, Praying for your surgery and all goes well.
Blessings, Chris

Glenn 11-05-2012 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5635972)
Jean, sorry about your arm, hope it mends well. Do you think the FW was trying to tell you something?

Charlee, glad you are feeling better.

Nancy I like your little machine and the table runner it is sitting on. You do such nice work.

Miriam, love the little red head. My neice has red hair and your GD remindes me of her when she was small.

As for me I will not be able to do much sewing after next week. I have to have major surgery done and Dr. said I can not use a treadle for a while. But, DH reads the quilt board and he will keep me informed as to who bought a new old machine so take care everyone and I'll see you in a few weeks.

PS Glenn DH said you should name your WW Cinderella. We have one and she has a couple pairs of glass slippers and that is what he call her.

Trish hope all goes well if you have surgery and God speed a recovery. I think I will name the WW8 Cinderella now that she has her glass slipper.

Skip

BoJangles 11-05-2012 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5635972)
Nancy I like your little machine and the table runner it is sitting on. You do such nice work.

As for me I will not be able to do much sewing after next week. I have to have major surgery done and Dr. said I can not use a treadle for a while. But, DH reads the quilt board and he will keep me informed as to who bought a new old machine so take care everyone and I'll see you in a few weeks.

Trish thank you, that was one of those "Easy Stripe' patterns that are completely pieced to make the table runner look like it is a panel! Pretty cool the way you have to cut out your stripes and line everything up to make the pattern.

Trish, I hope all goes well with your surgery!

Nancy

irishrose 11-05-2012 09:02 AM

Joe, I want to see you in one of the aprons. I think the one with red binding would suit you. I've made some for one GD and for sale at the church bazaar. Elaine, I like your patterns. Very retro.

Nana, prayers and best wishes on a successful healing of the arm.

Trish, Prayers and good wishes for you an uneventful healing from your surgery.

grant15clone 11-05-2012 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The day after I sold a Pfaff 229 automatic. I purchased a Pfaff 230 that was not an automatic. The 229 and the 230 are really the same machine. I really could not find anything that was different between the two other than the number on the side. The automatic and non automatic are pretty similar but the non automatics are much simpler than the automatics. The non automatics can't do all of the fancy stitches that the automatics can do though. The automatics are pretty crowded under the top cover and not easy to work on things that are buried underneath and are very complicated machines. I thought that I would show a side by side of the two machines together. My new friend Kathy, yes you BoJangles, and I were IM-ing each other on this subject and it wasn't just me that didn't know that there were models of Pfaff machines that were automatic and non automatic but carried the same model numbers. I thought that I would pass this along to avoid some confusion for others in the future as well. [ATTACH=CONFIG]374556[/ATTACH]

chris_quilts 11-05-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5636725)
The day after I sold a Pfaff 229 automatic. I purchased a Pfaff 230 that was not an automatic. The 229 and the 230 are really the same machine. I really could not find anything that was different between the two other than the number on the side. The automatic and non automatic are pretty similar but the non automatics are much simpler than the automatics. The non automatics can't do all of the fancy stitches that the automatics can do though. The automatics are pretty crowded under the top cover and not easy to work on things that are buried underneath and are very complicated machines. I thought that I would show a side by side of the two machines together. My new friend Kathy, yes you BoJangles, and I were IM-ing each other on this subject and it wasn't just me that didn't know that there were models of Pfaff machines that were automatic and non automatic but carried the same model numbers. I thought that I would pass this along to avoid some confusion for others in the future as well. [ATTACH=CONFIG]374556[/ATTACH]

Grant; thank you for the pictures. Wow, very interesting and how complicated the top one looks in comparison to the bottom one ~ that was my 1st thought.