Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Mom3 01-05-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5765292)
Yes I have a very nice one just like it.
Skip

Skip

Okay, what model Singer cabinet is that? It really different............

makitmama 01-06-2013 07:02 AM

I want to know the model number too- just in case I run across one :p

BoJangles 01-06-2013 07:09 AM

If I were in Rockford, that machine and cabinet would be in my house by now!

Nancy

Crossstitcher 01-06-2013 07:31 AM

DH told me if he was in a 100 miles of that machine it would have a new home with us.

nurseknitsLaura 01-06-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5766284)
If I were in Rockford, that machine and cabinet would be in my house by now!

Nancy

Me too! I have the empty base of a folding top cabinet, but the machine and top are long gone If i ever see one in person I hope to make a pattern from it and restore my base I keep looking... Laura

Tammy Jeann 01-06-2013 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have 2 vintage machines, one I am looking for a manual for, also a service manual if possible.
Its a Wilson Rotary number on the plate is 107x1303 I can not for the life of me find anything about them. I was told it was a White badge for a store. :P But don't know if its true.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386332[/ATTACH]

And hello everyone, I just signed up yesterday and have been reading through this thread. :D

CMARAS1234 01-06-2013 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i PURCHASED A 247 singer today for twenty bucks, with no attachments. as I have several other machines .will other attachments and feet fit this one,??Ihave a couple 99's 2 FW. a 201 , and a white rotary plus a 185 and a 175 white to name a few.[ATTACH=CONFIG]386375[/ATTACH]

grant15clone 01-07-2013 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tammy Jeann (Post 5767627)
I have 2 vintage machines, one I am looking for a manual for, also a service manual if possible.
Its a Wilson Rotary number on the plate is 107x1303 I can not for the life of me find anything about them. I was told it was a White badge for a store. :P But don't know if its true.

And hello everyone, I just signed up yesterday and have been reading through this thread. :D

Hello Tammy and welcome. I had a Domestic Rotary machine just like this. It would be easier to find the manual for one of them or a White Rotary. They should be interchangeable. And yes, it probably is a badged machine. White made a lot of machines and badged them. This is my Domestic Rotary as it looked when I brought it home, so please excuse the dust. :o
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386418[/ATTACH]
The footplate and the bobbin winder is the White design.
I hope this helps.
~G~

BoJangles 01-07-2013 12:08 PM

Hello everyone. I have met a very nice guy in my area who wants to re-home a Singer 237, a Viking 21, a White with nice decals - electric, with a case - early treadle type, and in Iowa he has an Elna Supermatic, price is really cheap! PM me if you are interested and I will give you the information. I just bought my second Pfaff 360 from him!

Nancy

Tammy Jeann 01-07-2013 02:05 PM

Thanks Grant, it helped alot
Found the manual for the Domestic and it just about matches mine.. only difference was the reverse and forward mechanism. So I downloaded it and will see what else I can find.. As far as dating it, I don't know how with the numbers I have.. But will continue digging around.. :D

BTW, the pic posted is the before pic and I have a few more so no worries about the dust.. The cabinet came with it, we found them both hiding in a back storage area of our local junk shop. It had been sitting back there about 3 years. We got it for $10.00. And all the veneer on it was peeling off and had a mess load of damage to it, so my b/f took to his shop and has got it nearly all sanded off. :( I wanted to keep as much of it on there as I could but he just went to town on it.. Will post some pics of it when it is done.

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5768538)
Hello Tammy and welcome. I had a Domestic Rotary machine just like this. It would be easier to find the manual for one of them or a White Rotary. They should be interchangeable. And yes, it probably is a badged machine. White made a lot of machines and badged them. This is my Domestic Rotary as it looked when I brought it home, so please excuse the dust. :o

The footplate and the bobbin winder is the White design.
I hope this helps.
~G~