Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

grant15clone 04-01-2013 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5970239)
Thanks, I was hoping others would post "progress" pictures of their "un-savable" machines as well.

I have my current project on there but it is going slow and I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. I will post updated photos of it there when I have something new to show you there.
~G~

purplefiend 04-01-2013 10:55 AM

Steve,
Wow!! Your Frister & Rossmann is beautiful! Just stunning!
Sharon

SteveH 04-01-2013 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5970379)
...I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. ~G~

Boy, some folks will come up with the lamest excuses!!! Congrats! Totally worth the wait...

grant15clone 04-01-2013 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5970407)
Boy, some folks will come up with the lamest excuses!!! Congrats! Totally worth the wait...

Yea, it is lame. Sorry, that is NO excuse. :D I waited twenty years after my divorce to find the real, right one. Yup, Worth the wait. But I did get done with a Japanese ZZ machine today. It was giving me fits and had a gremlin in it. I always put in a brand new needle when I get a machine. I did that with this one too. It was a defective needle that must have been bent slightly. I couldn't figure out why it was skipping stitches. Bad needle. So my Stitchmaster is done but it does not qualify. Doh......
~G~

BoJangles 04-01-2013 12:24 PM

Steve, I am really regretting that I didn't go for that F & R machine! What a beauty! But, I am glad you are the new steward of that machine.

Laura, nice looking Necchi!

I have not had time to visit a lot lately. Too busy with the care of my FIL. But, on an almost good note I bought another FW today. I shouldn't have bought it, but I felt sorry for the poor machine! It is a 1938 with the scroll face plate, case, attachments, bobbins, new foot controller and wiring, but someone either shipped the machine or just dropped it because the bobbin winder is broken off along with part of the hand wheel. It was really dumb of me to buy it - I paid $125. I figured the foot controller, plug, case, attachments, etc., were worth that much. I say 'I' shouldn't have bought it because it is going to bug me that it looks nasty with the broken HW/missing bobbin winder! I am hopeless! I don't think it would even be a candidate for a re-paint because part of the 'body' is missing!

On a good note, the missing bobbin winder/broken chipped off HW section doesn't affect its running ability . . . . . . just looks ugly. Why did I buy it????? I will post photos as soon as I can!

Nancy

SteveH 04-01-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5970556)
Steve, I am really regretting that I didn't go for that F & R machine! What a beauty! But, I am glad you are the new steward of that machine.Nancy

Nancy, thanks. I'm glad too! hehe The decals are what needlebar refers to as "Red Lillies"

I am now practicing my "japanning" with a purpose.... when I have the skill, I will patch up the black areas. Luckily there does not seem to be much of any damage to the decals.

SteveH 04-01-2013 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pre-Post teaser....

In addition to making a few slide plates, I will be taking some pictures tonight of the beginnings of our MOP tests.

I purchased a batch of (25) 1/2" x 1/2" blanks of Mother of Pearl from a local inlay supplier.
I have designed 5 shapes, Sun, Flower, Compass Rose, Leaf, and Butterfly to be able to cut at that size.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]405758[/ATTACH]

Tonight my DD and I will be doing the cutting using our jewelers saws.

Tomorrow we glue them down to a test base, and start painting and painting followed by sanding and sanding.

(Fingers crossed)

BoJangles 04-01-2013 01:09 PM

I have my current project on there but it is going slow and I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. I will post updated photos of it there when I have something new to show you there.
~G~

Wow Grant, congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Nancy

miriam 04-01-2013 01:15 PM

~G~

Congratulations!!!

grant15clone 04-01-2013 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5970649)
Wow Grant, congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Nancy

Nancy and Miriam, Thank you.
~G~