Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

DanofNJ 05-12-2013 07:46 AM

The Feldman is a nice machine...I'm jealous!!

Glenn 05-12-2013 08:07 AM

Dan do you know anything about this machine? Like where can I get a manual.
Skip

redbugsullivan 05-13-2013 05:00 PM

Here's a new "old" one for ya'll. Picked up an Amica Nelco Maxi 3500 at Goodwill yesterday for $6.50. It is missing a slide plate and the top to the case. Weird machine! The feed dog assembly moves instead of the needle bar!

So far I have figured out it is a late 60's Italian model made by Vigorelli. All metal gear changes and the unique feed dog system were the reasons for the purchase. At home, the top came off and I discovered a very strange belt that looks like canvas and metal links! Anyone know anything about this unusual critter? I don't have a single bobbin to fit it.

miriam 05-13-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by redbugsullivan (Post 6062399)
Here's a new "old" one for ya'll. Picked up an Amica Nelco Maxi 3500 at Goodwill yesterday for $6.50. It is missing a slide plate and the top to the case. Weird machine! The feed dog assembly moves instead of the needle bar!

So far I have figured out it is a late 60's Italian model made by Vigorelli. All metal gear changes and the unique feed dog system were the reasons for the purchase. At home, the top came off and I discovered a very strange belt that looks like canvas and metal links! Anyone know anything about this unusual critter? I don't have a single bobbin to fit it.

sounds like Riccar - sort of - well at least that belt does.

miriam 05-13-2013 05:05 PM

Where is Nancy???

Crossstitcher 05-13-2013 05:07 PM

Probably taking care of her father-in-law.

redbugsullivan 05-13-2013 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of my newest. I did find a Husqvarna-Viking bobbin in my stash-o-stuff that works. Strong, STRONG machine. Now if only I could find a manual...[ATTACH=CONFIG]413314[/ATTACH]

BoJangles 05-13-2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6044836)
Then on the way home this evening my car got rear ended. We are ok but ache.

Geeze Miriam! I hope you all are ok! How bad is the car?

Tonight is the first time I have had time to check in for a few days . . . . a couple weeks? Anyway, I will pop in when I can!

Nancy

BoJangles 05-13-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 6048237)
I sent my Featherweight off to Arkansas this morning. She'll be coming home in a lovely shade of dark purple. I'll post pictures when she comes home. :D
Sharon

Sharon I am JEALOUS!

Nancy

quiltdoctor 05-14-2013 12:11 PM

Davis Vertical feed

3 Attachment(s)
Went to Jennb's place last week and saw her "herd". What a bunch of nice machines she has, and when she gets her sewing studio set up, it will be awesome!!! I think I liked her Pfaff about the best or maybe one of her Jones.
I've been begging for one of her Davis Vertical Feed machines for about 80 months and she sold it to me last week. It is a bit of a do it yourself project, but that's what I like best. I actually have the machine sewing now and the mechanics are clean for the most part. Now to do the detail work on the machine.
The cabinet is going to be a major challenge. I've been gluing separated cabinet pieces for a week. The top is missing the veneer completely. I've picked Skip's brain, poor guy, and am getting there. Got the irons back together, and have two headless bushings left over. Cannot figure where they go. Hopefully on the cabinet somewhere. lol here is the puzzle when I unloaded her last week. Skip says she is about a 1917 machine. I know she bites, because I ran her rusty needle through my index finger(missed the nail). That's a first for me, so now I've been exposed to antique sewing machine disease really good. Also got a tetanus shot, just to be safe. Will post more when I get her all done.
Thanks Jennb!! One more off my "want" list that I have.

Texas Jan