Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 02-23-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5002889)
You bringing beignets???

Thinking about it. Just that they taste best just cooked. They are so yummy!!!

Charlee 02-23-2012 08:35 PM

I'm going to be making your recipe, for sure!

Hmmmmmmmmm...how far is Turlock?

Charlee 02-23-2012 08:37 PM

UGH! That would be a 10 hour drive for me...but I'd love to go!

vintagemotif 02-23-2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5002903)
UGH! That would be a 10 hour drive for me...but I'd love to go!

You should! :) I'm hoping that others on the QB show up too! It would be a blast to meet with everyone!

This recipe makes a lot of beignets. I'm going to have to freeze some of the dough. Well worth making this recipe though- so yummy!

Charlee 02-23-2012 09:03 PM

I'm going to think about it for sure!

vintagemotif 02-23-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5002953)

Time for a vacation! Be cool if Janice and others from So CA make the trip north. And then there are those hiding in the Central Valley and the Hills that love to read this thread, be fun meeting them too!

Mizkaki 02-23-2012 09:09 PM

OH Charlee,

If there is anyway you can, please do. I owe you a hug.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5002953)

irishrose 02-23-2012 09:14 PM

Jan, do the decals survive the kerosene soak and come out in such nice condition? As soon as the garage warms up, I'm soaking parts of the Redeye, but can I soak it all? I didn't think so.

e machiners - will a belt that too tight stop the motor? I had the motor rewired on my turquoise Universal and bought a new belt. It seemed small and the machine sewed a few stitches and quit. I took off the belt and the motor worked. I tried the old belt, but it's in bad shape so I couldn't tell anything. I'm thinking a cogged belt that just fits will be better. On top of that I have no manual and haven't figured out the combination of settings to get straight stitching or the built in decorative stitches. Not an easy machine to thread, but I'm sure I have that correct.

purplefiend 02-23-2012 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5002876)
California Treadleon gathering coming up soon. Who is planning on attending?

The Turlock TOGA is going to be held this year on March 10th,
at:
Cloth and Quilts
625 East Main Street
Turlock, CA

I do wish California weren't so danged blasted far away from Texas. (sighing deeply and pouting) Don't think I could get away with telling DH I was just going to visit my brother. He might be a bit suspicious when another machine shows up. lol
Sharon W.

vintagemotif 02-23-2012 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5003032)
I do wish California weren't so danged blasted far away from Texas. (sighing deeply and pouting) Don't think I could get away with telling DH I was just going to visit my brother. He might be a bit suspicious when another machine shows up. lol
Sharon W.

Oh Sharon, I do wish you could make the visit!!!! I wish Texas wasn't so far away too.