Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

sew wishful 02-15-2012 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4976062)
The way I figure it, if I need one of those little tags on something, it would be a whole lot cheaper to just pay somebody who already has one of those embroidery machines to make one. It would be a whole bunch less hassle and it sure wouldn't be cluttering up my house.

If I knew of someone who had a machine and could do it for me, I'd pay good money. I only need 16 of those tags, and 5 that say "from mom....", and 3 that say "from great gram ... " so I guess you're right...why add another machine to the mix. I've heard they can cause headaches too and I already have a cause for them!! LOL! Thanks for pulling me out of the muck!

miriam 02-15-2012 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful (Post 4976514)
If I knew of someone who had a machine and could do it for me, I'd pay good money. I only need 16 of those tags, and 5 that say "from mom....", and 3 that say "from great gram ... " so I guess you're right...why add another machine to the mix. I've heard they can cause headaches too and I already have a cause for them!! LOL! Thanks for pulling me out of the muck!

can you make a wanted post on QB? I think that or FM the tags. I have a friend in Cincinnati says she charges $1 an inch. I can't buy a machine for that. I noticed Muv FMs words on some of her quilts - might just take practice - maybe do a heart and mom or something easy - use an embroidery hoop and practice - I bet by #16 you would have it down good.

miriam 02-15-2012 03:48 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t162425.html Since this one somehow got on the radar in the picture section, I'm bringing it up here again. I've got it in almost running order. It has a bit of a tug on the thread when I turn the hand wheel still - it might work but just hand turning it makes it hard to tell. It needs power, whether E, HC or T, I don't know yet. Each has an issue. E needs wires. DH hasn't had time... HC needs some work on a wheel and treadling needs a treadle - I have nothing that will let it just drop in and treadle. Has anybody taken the top off an E cabinet and put it on a treadle base?

ThayerRags 02-15-2012 06:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4976549)
Singer 319 - needs power, whether E, HC or T, I don't know yet. ...HC needs some work on a wheel ....

Hi Miriam,Test-fit a hand crank on your 319 before committing to that power type. If the 319 is like a 206, the boss is off-set to one side enough that the crank finger doesn’t match up with the center of the upper shaft and wheel....CD in Oklahoma

BoJangles 02-15-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4976194)
Maybe he'll surprise you with it Nancy!! :)

Not a chance! He says I can not have anything else that requires a vet!

Congratulations Kathie - Wow 50 years!!!!!!

An Icelandic is a small horse. There is one for sale near me that is the cutest thing ever! Solid black with a long mane and tail and the grandkids and I could ride him!

Nancy

justtrish 02-15-2012 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4974070)
Sounds like the bobbin case is in wrong or has turned...

Bobbin case in wrong? oh my..this is going to cause a flurry of questions ....
I will take another look this evening... fingers crossed... as I am itching to sew on this 15.

The 201 is bringing me more joy then I could have imagined and it doesn't even have a potted motor!!

purplefiend 02-15-2012 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4976402)
Happy Anniversary to all!
Kathie congrats on 50 years!!!

Happy Anniversary to everyone! We'll have 34 years in April.
Sharon

purplefiend 02-15-2012 07:55 AM

Monica,
I love your star, I relate to having problems with stars like this one not laying flat. I call them "D cups" when they do that. rofl
Sharon

BoJangles 02-15-2012 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]312234[/ATTACH]I am going to try and post Kathie's new Free Westinghouse, but for some reason it doesn't want to up load to our shop! Yeah! I had to shrink it, but it finally worked!

vintagemotif 02-15-2012 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by justtrish (Post 4977109)
Bobbin case in wrong? oh my..this is going to cause a flurry of questions ....
I will take another look this evening... fingers crossed... as I am itching to sew on this 15.

The 201 is bringing me more joy then I could have imagined and it doesn't even have a potted motor!!

201s are awesome machines! Is yours still with an external motor or in treadle? If you don't have it in treadle, you should.