Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

SteveH 07-02-2013 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 6155461)
I know I'm wayyyy behind ya'll, but this is a truly stiff price for this Boye case. I have several (and just sold an empty case on wooden base for 5% of that), and believe me, I would NEVER have paid that high a price!! I know they have gone way up in price on Ebay, but this is pretty much ridiculous.

I just paid $60 for a iffy case with needles,shuttles, and bobbins.

blueheavenfla 07-02-2013 01:41 PM

Will you be driving or flying? If you are serious about bringing a load down to try to sell, there is a HUGE flea market over toward the west coast. I have never been there (I already have enough fleas, LOL) but people from all over the state, especially visitors, go there by the bus load. A lot of the retirement homes arrange bus trips to the flea market. If you want info, PM me and I will get what I can for you.

Love those backyard cookouts but not the storms that furnish the fuel.

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6155598)
I'll be in FL in January but I'll be at a wedding on the other coast. Flea market might work if there is a way to plug them in or if I had room for treadles...

we cook out a lot in the back yard... LOL

Mizkaki 07-02-2013 02:14 PM

Johnny,

I sat in front of you on the bus to and from Gary's. Pat Spurr and shared a room. We discussed the
mechanics all the way. Peeled Pam offered to adopt me. Remember?

Cathy

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 6155487)
So glad you're feeling better. I lost my best friend in February from pneumonia and sepsis. It happened so fast.

Cathy, you mentioned being at ISMACS and going to Faye's. I'm sure I must have talked to you there at one time or another; there weren't THAT many people there!! I am absolutely terrible with names; but I do remember faces!

miriam 07-02-2013 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla (Post 6156100)
Will you be driving or flying? If you are serious about bringing a load down to try to sell, there is a HUGE flea market over toward the west coast. I have never been there (I already have enough fleas, LOL) but people from all over the state, especially visitors, go there by the bus load. A lot of the retirement homes arrange bus trips to the flea market. If you want info, PM me and I will get what I can for you.

Love those backyard cookouts but not the storms that furnish the fuel.

I doubt if we will be taking very many machines down. Our son is getting married down there in January.

blueheavenfla 07-02-2013 05:57 PM

Congratulations to the Mother of the Groom. It will be a wonderful celebration, I'm sure.

miriam 07-02-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla (Post 6156444)
Congratulations to the Mother of the Groom. It will be a wonderful celebration, I'm sure.

I'm just glad I don't have to do much. They have been friends for 9 years over the internet. Go figure.

Miz Johnny 07-02-2013 08:51 PM

That sounds more like it!! I've paid more for mine, but I bought for the needles and shuttles, so only bought the ones with lots of both!! Not finding much in the way of cases these days.

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 6155609)
I just paid $60 for a iffy case with needles,shuttles, and bobbins.

Miz Johnny 07-02-2013 08:58 PM

I'm still going to have to see your face, LOL! I'm going to see Pam in a few days, so she'll help me out. Her memory (unlike mine) is excellent. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember the bus ride!! (I sound like a lush, but I don't drink--I just suffer from CRS. I do, however, remember Gary's collection--absolutely stunning. He and his wife were great hosts, too. Did you come away with any of his machines? Pam and I each bought a Wilson. Hers is still in my storage unit, and mine is still in pieces in the basement non-sewing room. HOWEVER, I did spend the day working down there, so there's a wider path, and I can at least get to that machine if I feel the urge to put it back together!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6156140)
Johnny,

I sat in front of you on the bus to and from Gary's. Pat Spurr and shared a room. We discussed the
mechanics all the way. Peeled Pam offered to adopt me. Remember?

Cathy

Mizkaki 07-02-2013 09:18 PM

Want to see my face? Good luck with that one. There are two things on this earth that cause anaphylaxis in me. First a scale and second a camera aimed at me. VBG BTW I'm built like Pam, but with silver hair.
I didn't buy any machines from Gary at the Nashville Convention, but I did at the North Carolina convention. I will say I saw many that I would have loved to own.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 6156589)
I'm still going to have to see your face, LOL! I'm going to see Pam in a few days, so she'll help me out. Her memory (unlike mine) is excellent. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember the bus ride!! (I sound like a lush, but I don't drink--I just suffer from CRS. I do, however, remember Gary's collection--absolutely stunning. He and his wife were great hosts, too. Did you come away with any of his machines? Pam and I each bought a Wilson. Hers is still in my storage unit, and mine is still in pieces in the basement non-sewing room. HOWEVER, I did spend the day working down there, so there's a wider path, and I can at least get to that machine if I feel the urge to put it back together!!!!!

Mizkaki 07-02-2013 09:43 PM

Johnny,

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. Sepsis is very nasty.

Thank you and everyone for their concern. I am feeling so much better. I'm still weak, though. I went back to work today and survived. I am really glad that is only a two day work week. Yes, it has been scary.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 6155487)
So glad you're feeling better. I lost my best friend in February from pneumonia and sepsis. It happened so fast.

Cathy, you mentioned being at ISMACS and going to Faye's. I'm sure I must have talked to you there at one time or another; there weren't THAT many people there!! I am absolutely terrible with names; but I do remember faces!