Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Miz Johnny 08-24-2013 07:15 PM

You're right--I don't have one. And I certainly don't need one!!

While I was at the TN TOGA (where I had a nice time playing machines and stuff with Glenn and Texas Jan), someone gave my husband a Featherweight. Of course, I haven't cleaned it up (or done anything else of note), but I'm guessing it will get done eventually.
Back at school and staying busy. The end of the summer was kind of wild, with a zip trip to Iowa to see my brother. On the way, I ponied a Jones parlor treadle (one of the ones in my storage unit; down to 2) to a woman who has a truly amazing collection. I was at brother's house less than 24 hours when I got word a friend had died, and had to turn right around and come back home. 1300 miles in 3 days. Then home for less than a week and on to Tennessee. I don't think I'll go anywhere for a while. Going to try and catch up and see what ya'll are doing!!

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 6204251)
Miz Johnny, I doubt you have one these :http://annapolis.craigslist.org/atq/3871934550.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]427063[/ATTACH]

Charlee 08-24-2013 08:29 PM

Goodness Miz Johnny!! I think I'd do like you are going to and just stay put for a bit! I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

grant15clone 08-25-2013 05:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I am finally delivering the Singer Centennial 201-2 that I restored to the friend I am gifting it to today.
My wife and I went out Sale-ing yesterday and stopped at a garage sale. It was in an outbuilding really. I was asked if I was looking for something and mentioned sewing machines. She said that she had one that she wanted to sell but had not put it out yet. It was in her real garage. She said that it was her mothers machine and her daughter sewed on it a little bit and bought a new machine (ugh!) and wanted to put it in this one's cabinet so it didn't have a cabinet or a case. The poor thing was sitting on the garage floor. She showed it to me and it was another Singer Centennial 201-2. It didn't have the foot pedal or cords. She said that she would take $8 for it. I gladly paid that and didn't bicker on the price. I got it home and it had been slid on the floor of the garage and knocked over at least once and set on it's hand wheel at some point too. But all of the damage was minor. One goes out, one comes in.:)
I will share the finished project in the pictures thread when it is done but I have a few more in line in front of this one at the moment. Here is a peek at it as I got it. I still cringe when I think about someone pulling this machine out of it's cabinet and replacing it with a new machine.
~G~

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432082[/ATTACH]

grant15clone 08-25-2013 05:54 AM

My condolences as well Miz Johnny.
Charlee, How do you like your Anker? I love those machines.
~G~

Charlee 08-25-2013 07:22 AM

Ah Grant...that Anker is a wonderful machine! It was my $25 Goodwill find at the end of an unproductive "junkin'" trip, and probably some of the best money I've ever spent on a machine! Sews like a dream, quiet, faithful machine. :)

vintagemotif 08-25-2013 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny (Post 6253684)
You're right--I don't have one. And I certainly don't need one!!

While I was at the TN TOGA (where I had a nice time playing machines and stuff with Glenn and Texas Jan), someone gave my husband a Featherweight. Of course, I haven't cleaned it up (or done anything else of note), but I'm guessing it will get done eventually.
Back at school and staying busy. The end of the summer was kind of wild, with a zip trip to Iowa to see my brother. On the way, I ponied a Jones parlor treadle (one of the ones in my storage unit; down to 2) to a woman who has a truly amazing collection. I was at brother's house less than 24 hours when I got word a friend had died, and had to turn right around and come back home. 1300 miles in 3 days. Then home for less than a week and on to Tennessee. I don't think I'll go anywhere for a while. Going to try and catch up and see what ya'll are doing!!

Eeks! Sometimes life just pours too much on us. So sorry for the loss of your friend. Glad you were able to meet up with Glenn and Texas Jan at the TN TOGA, and you had a wonderful time there. Hopefully the school year will be a calm one for you- if that is possible.

purplefiend 08-25-2013 05:49 PM

Miz Johnny,
My condolences to you.
Sharon W.

grant15clone 08-26-2013 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 6254295)
Ah Grant...that Anker is a wonderful machine! It was my $25 Goodwill find at the end of an unproductive "junkin'" trip, and probably some of the best money I've ever spent on a machine! Sews like a dream, quiet, faithful machine. :)

I remember when you got that machine. I had one for a bit and it went to a friend of mine. It was probably one of the best machines I have had so far. Such a smooth machine and so very simple to operate. If I see another one at a decent price, I am sure I will not hesitate getting it.
~G~

blueheavenfla 08-26-2013 04:31 PM

Ooops, accidentally hit the unsubscribe link...can't let you all keep passing out such good info and me miss it!

miriam 08-26-2013 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla (Post 6257214)
Ooops, accidentally hit the unsubscribe link...can't let you all keep passing out such good info and me miss it!

I did that once - I was devastated.