Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 05-04-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Just ran across a nice looking Decker sewing machine. It has a shuttle and is trundle driven. That is all I know. Does anyone know anything about this Brand of machine? Thanks.

It might be a badged machine but at the turn of the century there were over 100 sewing machine manufacturers in the US alone. If you had a garage and some mechanical ability you were in the sewing machine business!!

Billy

Lostn51 05-04-2010 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Debo
Billy/Charlee

Do either of you know anything about a 1917 Western Electric vintage machine? It has the rounded wooden case like Billy's new Singer.

Debo I have never seen one in person but I know they were good machines!! They were a badged machine and more than likely yours was made by Eldridge/National.

Billy

Charlee 05-04-2010 09:50 AM

How big is that Decker? All I could find on Needlebar was a reference to a "Princess Decker"...a toy or child's treadle machine...in which case, BUY IT!! :lol:

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Just ran across a nice looking Decker sewing machine. It has a shuttle and is trundle driven. That is all I know. Does anyone know anything about this Brand of machine? Thanks.

It might be a badged machine but at the turn of the century there were over 100 sewing machine manufacturers in the US alone. If you had a garage and some mechanical ability you were in the sewing machine business!!

Billy

:roll: :roll: :roll: Interesting! Gee, I have a 2 car garage without any cars in it... not sure I would say I have mechanical ability. But, I am always willing to learn when I have a need. With 7 vintage machines I think I am beginning to qualify as having the need to learn. Thanks.

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
How big is that Decker? All I could find on Needlebar was a reference to a "Princess Decker"...a toy or child's treadle machine...in which case, BUY IT!! :lol:

The Decker apprears to be usual size for Vintage machines. The finish looks really great and the decals look to be very much intact.

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 10:00 AM

NEEDLEBAR: I am still locked out of there. Everytime I login in with my username and then click that I forgot my password this message comes up: You are not authorised to request a new password.

So far I cannot see a way to contact Alan. Billy/Charlee, do you know where else for me to go? I am also Sewextreme on there.

Deara 05-04-2010 10:17 AM

NEEDLEBAR: I am still locked out of there. Everytime I login in with my username and then click that I forgot my password this message comes up: You are not authorised to request a new password.

So far I cannot see a way to contact Alan. Billy/Charlee, do you know where else for me to go? I am also Sewextreme on there.

Hope you don't mind me adding my two cents. I too forgot my password on Needlebar. Sent requests for a new password, but I was ignored. I just signed up with my first name and a new email address. I was accepted within two days. Just a suggestion.
Blessings to you,
Sandi

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 10:20 AM

Thank you so much Deara. I think that is what I will have to do. Thanks again. :P

Lostn51 05-04-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee

The Decker apprears to be usual size for Vintage machines. The finish looks really great and the decals look to be very much intact.

Is there anyway you could post a few photos for us to look at?

I might could tell the manufacturer by certain features it has.

Billy

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 12:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the Decker Trundle driven machine. :?: :?:

With the wheel on the right inside of the cabinet, I wonder if she meant 'treadle'? I'm stumped. I have written to the owner but have not heard back yet. ;-)