Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Debo 05-04-2010 07:42 AM

Billy/Charlee

Do either of you know anything about a 1917 Western Electric vintage machine? It has the rounded wooden case like Billy's new Singer.

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 07:50 AM

Just ran across a nice looking Decker sewing machine. It has a shuttle and is trundle driven. That is all I know. Does anyone know anything about this Brand of machine? Thanks.

summerstorm 05-04-2010 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Pretty baby Billy!!

I got Jenny (the Singer 201-2) running today...still need to get some grease for the motor, but other than that she hums right along! :)

Ok, I admit I have no mechanical ability but I will bite, where do you oil a motor?

Blessings,

Sharon

mickey 05-04-2010 08:06 AM

charlee have you posted a picture of your Singer201? if so could you please tell us where? i would love to see what i can find. I don't know one machine from another but i am learning thanks to this section.

Charlee 05-04-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by summerstorm

Originally Posted by Charlee
Pretty baby Billy!!

I got Jenny (the Singer 201-2) running today...still need to get some grease for the motor, but other than that she hums right along! :)

Ok, I admit I have no mechanical ability but I will bite, where do you oil a motor?

Blessings,

Sharon

Jenny has "ports" that have thumb screws on them for inserting a tube of Singer motor/gear lube. I'll take some pics in a bit and post them...

You want to be VERY careful about oiling a motor...on any machine...even on the ones that you are supposed to oil, (they have little holes for that purpose) if you overdo it, you can burn out the motor....

Charlee 05-04-2010 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by mickey
charlee have you posted a picture of your Singer201? if so could you please tell us where? i would love to see what i can find. I don't know one machine from another but i am learning thanks to this section.

G'morning Mickey! :)

Pictures of the 201-2 are posted on page 12 of this thread....I'm just tickled pink with this machine...I do need to find an original foot pedal for her, and I want to see if I can't accumulate all of the attachments that I can for her...buttonholer, zigzag, etc....and I want a nicer cabinet for her....right now she's in a waferboard (pressed wood) cabinet that's simply butt ugly!

mickey 05-04-2010 08:22 AM

Thanks now i know what to look for.

Deara 05-04-2010 09:08 AM

Hello Charlee,
I was looking for your 201 pics to show Hubby your pretty find. Thanks for posting they are on page 12.
I have been following this thread and when I have all my pics together in one place here I will post my pretties too.
Blessings to you,
Sandi

PS. Thanks Billy for starting this awesome thread.

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 09:24 AM

This may be a dumb question. I can't figure out how to add pictures to the Picture section of this virtual shop. Help!!!

Lostn51 05-04-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
This may be a dumb question. I can't figure out how to add pictures to the Picture section of this virtual shop. Help!!!

Just post like you would normally and under the box you will see "File Attachments:" clinck on the browse and click on the photo you want to add then after you loaded all of the photos you want click send.

Billy