Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

mama2josh 05-07-2010 05:07 PM

Ugh. So I went garage sale-ing today. Almost came home with 4 new (old) sewing machines, and it would've cost me under $50 for all of them. In cabinets. And they were all Singers. Nothing really old or valuable, but probably from the 50's-60's. Tomorrow is half price day at one of the sales - I may need to go back and pick up machine for $10. It was in great shape, worked and the cabinet was pristine.
Lucky for my wallet I don't drive a truck! lol

craftybear 05-07-2010 05:08 PM

Awesome idea, thanks for starting your new thread!

Stitchnripper 05-07-2010 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope the picture comes through. Will take more when we get her home.

New Singer treadle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50605[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 05-07-2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper

Oh my, it looks very beautiful. Congratulations

:thumbup:

Stitchnripper 05-07-2010 05:35 PM

Thanks! I'm very excited. I hope I sleep tonight!

Glenn 05-07-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Yes, I do somewhere. I will look for them and try to post. Maybe get some feedback about it. It's not the most beautiful as far as wear and tear, but it's in super working order and comes with a 1 year warrenty #AH974373. It comes with all the attachments, manual, and case. What do you think?

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Great Doug, do you have any photos of to-be-yours FW? I have been sewing on mine for this past week and I love it. :thumbup:

Nice machine Doug :thumbup: Glenn

Glenn 05-07-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper

You have a very nice machine there, I like it. Glenn

SewExtremeSeams 05-07-2010 06:46 PM

Singer Red Eye: anyone have one? I found one for $45 and it's a treadle WITHOUT the foot pedal, iron sides, any attachments or a manual. Basically it comes with just the body. So far, I haven't had to piece one together. Just wonderin' if it is worth it?
:?: :?: :?:

roseOfsharon 05-07-2010 07:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Can you tell me of the Singer 99, I can buy one in a table (electric) for 100.00.
Thanks,
Sharon

SewExtremeSeams 05-07-2010 07:43 PM

Sharon, that machine looks really good. For me, $100 isn't bad for a machine. However, I am at a point where I am going to offer less than they are asking and see what happens. I can always come up on the price.

I am sure Charlee and/or Billy will be able to answer your question.

Looks pretty though. And the decals look good also. Does it come with attachments?