Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 09-06-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Billy, Is it hard to make one of those universal treadle tables? I now realize all these cabinets take up a lot of space. I would also like to have the larger table space in case I ever try to do machine quilting. It sure would mean I would get more tops made into quilts.

It is REAL easy Lisa.

Just pick you out a treadle (I would use a Singer like I did) and then you can either make a top for it or a bench like mine. It all depends on the room you have and if you will be moving it around alot.

Its like a microwave, once you have one you wondered how you lived your life without it.

Billy

Glenn 09-06-2010 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the Pathfinder. Billy or Charlee can you tell how to thread this machine? The serial # is R35866 and I know nothing about this machine. Glenn

Glenn 09-06-2010 06:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am sending another pic of the Pathfinder Glenn

Glenn 09-06-2010 06:26 PM

I am working on the machine in the guesthouse and then I must clean a ogee clock from 1849. My wife is on antique kick again so hope we do not have any quests before I can clean the little house. :lol: Glenn

quilt addict 09-06-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I am sending another pic of the Pathfinder Glenn

Very nice looking machine!

I am not sure but it looks like my Davis. I will try to explain.

From spool the thread goes through between the metal plates. I think there is a little notch in the top one. This is your tension control.

Then it goes through the little notch on top of the needle bar.

Down through the thread guide on face plate and needle holder. Not sure which direction the needle faces though.

Hope that helps.

Lostn51 09-06-2010 06:50 PM

Glenn that is a nice machine!! I love the decals and the overall condition of the machine. It is definitely a badged machine and I am going with Lisa on this one it looks a lot like a Davis.

Billy

Glenn 09-06-2010 06:52 PM

Lisa, Thanks this will help. I think I have it now. Let me play with it for a couple of days and may have more questions for you, I hope you don't mind. The New Pathfinder is by Davis (ca1890) I think. Thnks so much. Glenn

Miz Johnny 09-06-2010 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Glenn that is a nice machine!! I love the decals and the overall condition of the machine. It is definitely a badged machine and I am going with Lisa on this one it looks a lot like a Davis.

Billy

Both Charles Law and the Needlebar Needle Book concur!!

Glenn 09-06-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy

To be truthful I have been cleaning on it for two days. I could not see the decals from the dirt. I was lucky that is in very good shape for all the grime on it. It sews well now that I can thread it thanks to Lisa. It turned really great thanks to your tuts. Glenn

jackkip 09-07-2010 05:14 AM

Nice looking machine Glenn. You did a great job on the cleaning. do you do windows too? :lol: