Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Deara 09-07-2010 06:41 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Here are some of the pics from the machines that followed us home Saturday.
Three were cleaned and oiled (I have a wonderful hubby who shares my delight in vintage sewing machines). The MW has a wiring issue. In due time it will be up and running too. Both W&G are working machines. The 99K runs so quietly, so cute. I must get used to the knee bar. Now to find room for these beauties. lol

Lostn51 09-07-2010 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Deara
Here are some of the pics from the machines that followed us home Saturday.
Three were cleaned and oiled (I have a wonderful hubby who shares my delight in vintage sewing machines). The MW has a wiring issue. In due time it will be up and running too. Both W&G are working machines. The 99K runs so quietly, so cute. I must get used to the knee bar. Now to find room for these beauties. lol

Looks like you had a great haul this weekend!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy

Deara 09-07-2010 08:32 AM

Looks like you had a great haul this weekend!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy[/quote]

The best part of the whole weekend was spending it with my hubby. It's one of the best feelings in the whole world to walk beside and hold the hand of a Godly man. I am truly blessed coming and going. God is good.

Blessings,
Sandi

:thumbup: :thumbup:

SewExtremeSeams 09-07-2010 12:21 PM

Love your Labor Day catch Sandi, WoW! :-D :-D :-D

PS: I agree... being with a Godly husband is the greatest!

sueisallaboutquilts 09-07-2010 02:23 PM

Hi everyone!!
I want a Red Eye but it doesn't have the spool pin. Is that something I could replace for not too much money??
Thanks!!

Glenn 09-07-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip
Nice looking machine Glenn. You did a great job on the cleaning. do you do windows too? :lol:

No I do not do windows but my wife thinks I should. Glenn

Glenn 09-07-2010 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Originally Posted by Glenn
I am sending another pic of the Pathfinder Glenn

Very nice looking machine!

I am not sure but it looks like my Davis. I will try to explain.

From spool the thread goes through between the metal plates. I think there is a little notch in the top one. This is your tension control.

Then it goes through the little notch on top of the needle bar.
Lisa I have been playing with the machine, still working on the tension shuttle and the top thread. This machine is a little more noisey than my others(singer treadle). Maybe I can tune it up more. Is there a manual I can download anywhere? Thanks for any info you may have. Glenn
Down through the thread guide on face plate and needle holder. Not sure which direction the needle faces though.

Hope that helps.

Glenn 09-07-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip
Nice looking machine Glenn. You did a great job on the cleaning. do you do windows too? :lol:

Thanks Jack.. I am always cleaning on something :lol: Glenn

Lostn51 09-07-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hi everyone!!
I want a Red Eye but it doesn't have the spool pin. Is that something I could replace for not too much money??
Thanks!!

I have plenty of them just PM me and I will fix you up!

Billy

sueisallaboutquilts 09-07-2010 03:54 PM

Thanks, Billy!!
I'm on the vintage bandwagon. Why did I find this board??? hee hee
I have to blame Charlee- she somehow gave me the bug through cyberspace lol