Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

pennijanine 05-10-2010 08:14 AM

Billy, Can you give me more info? How old is she? I am going to see it this afternoon and I would like to ask intelligent questions, like I know what I am talking about when I don't. I asked about any attachements and he didn't know what I was talking about, so maybe I can get the price lowered. Not gonna push it though.

Lostn51 05-10-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by katmom54
I have a New Home like this in the orginal cabinet - old in years in condition, but brand new...I don't think the belt has ever been on it and the instruction manual, warranty papers (not even filled in) and all the original attachments are with it. The cabinet is near perfect = only a few scrapes on the top where it had been used as a display...believe it or not, I got it for less than $200 and I only bought it because I had gotten a Memorycraft 7000 for Free!! - yes, FREE... and thought it would be fun to have the two extremes - antique and computerized...

What is the serial number on your New Home I forgot I have the documents to date New Homes.

Billy

Melinda in Tulsa 05-10-2010 08:24 AM

How beautiful! I'd grab it in a new york minute!

Glenn 05-10-2010 08:46 AM

Can you tell me why my pics will not post? This is the first time I have had trouble. Glenn

Lostn51 05-10-2010 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Glenn
Can you tell me why my pics will not post? This is the first time I have had trouble. Glenn

That I do not know......I will try and to post a photo of something to see if it works for me.

Billy

Lostn51 05-10-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
Billy, Can you give me more info? How old is she? I am going to see it this afternoon and I would like to ask intelligent questions, like I know what I am talking about when I don't. I asked about any attachements and he didn't know what I was talking about, so maybe I can get the price lowered. Not gonna push it though.

She is somewhere around 1905 to 1909 there abouts. Charlee would be the one to know more about these machines than I do, she owns a couple of D-9's

Billy

pennijanine 05-10-2010 09:01 AM

Thanks. I am going to get her this afternoon. $75 I am doing the happy dance!!! Her name will be "Leona" for my gram who never sewed a day in her life! Ha

Glenn 05-10-2010 10:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
sewing machine attachments and bobbins
Glenn

mama2josh 05-10-2010 10:11 AM

I live in the land of old Singer's. On my local craigslist (portland.craigslist.org) there are no less than 15 vintage Singer's posted in the last week or so, including 3 FWs, one if which is the Centennial Edition. Also a couple 66s, and a 301.
I wish I had more money...

Linda B 05-10-2010 10:13 AM

I'm new to this forum, and have surfed a few pages of this thread, but rather than read 40+ pages (!), would like to ask a couple of questions. Do most of you actually use these old machines? If you do, what do they offer that a newer machine doesn't? My husband inherited one of the Singer treadles from his mother but gave it to his sister who got rid of it. I'm wondering now if that was a big mistake!!