Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 11-16-2010 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Billy,
That's such a pretty color!!! Is it one of those auto paints that changes colors?

No it is just what it is, because of the depth of the candy it looks black where the sun isnt hitting it directly and when it does the metallic really pops. That is the advantage of the candy colors.

Billy

buslady 11-16-2010 06:35 AM

OK, it's bad enough I am buying sewing machines like there is no tomorrow, I CANNOT buy a car, but I want one. LOL. Love yours, Billy.

BoJangles 11-16-2010 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Howard
Candy root beer is gorgeous. Would love a car like that. Maybe someday they will choose to make the next year's car that color. Am I the only one getting sick of seeing gray ? ( or is it spelled grey ?)

Here you go......My Hot Rod

Billy

Wow! I have a couple neighbors that restore cars -- I will HAVE to show them your "hotrod." They are going to turn green!

Nancy

Quilt Mom 11-16-2010 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
It actually has a zig-zagger and button-holer as well as lots of extra feet.

One of the reasons I asked my mom for her first machine was the buttonholes she made. I knew they were made by an attachment. (I didn't think the attachment would be transferable to a newer machine.) It makes me happy to do some of the wonderful sewing as she did. Now I need a few classes to tailor clothes as she did! :lol: I may never have her range of talents, but I get to play with her machine!

vintagemotif 11-16-2010 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
OK, it's bad enough I am buying sewing machines like there is no tomorrow, I CANNOT buy a car, but I want one. LOL. Love yours, Billy.

Heehee, I'm the same, just that I have stopped buying machines, now just having fun looking, but I have been thinking of vintage cars and sofas. I'll never restore a car since it is too long a project for my liking.

Billy, your car is gorgeous!

BoJangles 11-16-2010 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Heehee, I'm the same, just that I have stopped buying machines, now just having fun looking, but I have been thinking of vintage cars and sofas. I'll never restore a car since it is too long a project for my liking.

Billy, your car is gorgeous!

Vintagemotif, you have some will power . . . . I am getting better about the vintage machines, but still can't resist some of them! They are so fascinating! I can't imagine the money that would go into restoring cars . . . . . but, sofas?

My DH says he is thankful I am into rescuing vintage sewing machines instead of rescuing horses! Horses are extremely expensive; and we have too many as we never ever sell a horse -- they just keep accumulating! At least the sewing machines don't have to be fed or have vet bills! The sewing machines don't put me in the hospital either -- they are so much fun! Of course, I have tons of fun with the horses too!Nancy

Annaquilts 11-16-2010 09:54 AM

Candy root beer is gorgeous. Would love a car like that. Maybe someday they will choose to make the next year's car that color. Am I the only one getting sick of seeing gray ? ( or is it spelled grey ?)

Billy

Wow! Got to show DH when he is off work. Great job Billy. Enjoy. You might have posted but do you collect or are you selling the car?

Shemjo 11-16-2010 09:58 AM

Love the auto Billy. Sharp! Do you tool around in it, or is it just for parades and fun for you?

Lacelady 11-16-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Love the auto Billy. Sharp! Do you tool around in it, or is it just for parades and fun for you?

I bet he doesn't take it out in the rain.

purplefiend 11-16-2010 11:32 AM

Billy

OMG serious drooling going on here!! Whoa! what a beautiful car. :-D :thumbup: