Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lostn51 05-12-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
They didn't have it, any other suggestions?

Jan, Jan, Jan, what am I going to do with you sweetie?

Try and to post on the Parts section of the NB Bob might have what you need He hooked me up with almost the entire lower end of a 66 when I was working on my 185J.

In the mean time I will be looking around for you one.

Billy

Lostn51 05-12-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by cabinqltr
Thank you Billy for opening this shop. I have been reading all the posts and learning alot. I also love old machines, have several and especially featherweights . I have a white one, a tan one and sixteen black ones. All working and all named. I will try to attach some pics. The treadle is a White.
Keep up the good work, I love this. Ruth

Ruth, I am in awe!!!! You have some wonderful machines and I am really liking the Tan FW!!

One of these days I will have a 222K but I would be tickled with the Tan 221K!

Billy

Lostn51 05-12-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
I have been searching for this for days...I am glad I finally found you!!! I was just given a Pfaff 130 with the commercial table...it needs a foot and a belt...where do I find these without having to invest a ton of money?

Local repair shop and possibly eBay. There are other dealers online like this one that might help you out.

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/

Billy

Kherrin 05-12-2010 01:00 PM

Thanks! I appreciate the help.

cabinqltr 05-12-2010 01:02 PM

Billy, The tan one I got on E Bay several years ago and the white one was at a Thrift shop for only$24.95. I couldn't believe it, but thrilled to get it. Those two are really plain Jane machines as there is no gold decals on them as on the black ones which look so classy. Ruth

no1jan 05-12-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by no1jan
They didn't have it, any other suggestions?

Jan, Jan, Jan, what am I going to do with you sweetie?

Try and to post on the Parts section of the NB Bob might have what you need He hooked me up with almost the entire lower end of a 66 when I was working on my 185J.

In the mean time I will be looking around for you one.

Billy

I know, I'm a pest. Don't mean to be!

:roll: :wink:

Thank you so much Billy! :) :) :)

no1jan 05-12-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by cabinqltr
Thank you Billy for opening this shop. I have been reading all the posts and learning alot. I also love old machines, have several and especially featherweights . I have a white one, a tan one and sixteen black ones. All working and all named. I will try to attach some pics. The treadle is a White.
Keep up the good work, I love this. Ruth

Ruth, I am in awe!!!! You have some wonderful machines and I am really liking the Tan FW!!

One of these days I will have a 222K but I would be tickled with the Tan 221K!

Billy

They are gorgeous machines. How lucky you are!

:mrgreen:

lady1880s 05-12-2010 02:17 PM

Emily;that's so funny,I name all my car's,trucks Yes! the school buses are named too. been that way forever,have a Daisy,Billy,Sugar and many more. Now the pretty Parlor cabinet sewing machine has a name"Emily"

Glenn 05-12-2010 02:44 PM

Terryl, I am sorry but it went to someone else. I will keep my eye open for more.Glenn

wvdek 05-12-2010 08:17 PM

No1Jan- thanks for posting. Your cabinet and mine are identical except you have the Queen Anne legs and I have the Standard leges. It is a Singer model 40 cabinet. I prefer the Queen Anne legs as some of my furniture is that style. My mom was more conservative and chose the standard even tho she wanted the Queen. Do you have the bench?
Thanks.