Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

mickey 05-13-2010 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Billy

This machine doesn't work according to ad--what do i need to make sure it comes with? knee pedal, motor? belt? what?

mickey 05-13-2010 08:11 AM

billy did you want a Minnesota E sewing machine?

or a 99K?

mickey 05-13-2010 08:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
what about this beauty?

Deara 05-13-2010 09:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Billy,
I received my 201 today, but it came damaged.
The motor has a serious dent in it.
Here are some pics so you can see.
I have NOT plugged it in to see if it works.
I have emailed the seller about the damage.
Waiting on his reply.

Do you have any advice? Could this dent have damaged the motor?

I realize you are a very busy man and I really appreciate what you have done for me so far.

Blessings to you,
Sandi

SewExtremeSeams 05-13-2010 09:20 AM

Wow, Sandi, that is not cool. Did that happen in shipping or maybe it was there and the seller didn't reveal it. Hmmm... I would be upset. Blessings to you. :D

SewExtremeSeams 05-13-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mickey
what about this beauty?

What a beautiful cabinet. :shock:

Lostn51 05-13-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mickey
Billy

This machine doesn't work according to ad--what do i need to make sure it comes with? knee pedal, motor? belt? what?

Is this the $10 or $20 display machine on CL? I saw the ad last nite and started to call about it. :lol:

It is missing the bobbin winder that I can see right now but thats not a big deal to find and the plug and kneebar might come with it you will just have to ask.

Its worth the money so get it and then worry about the rest later.

As far as the parlor cabinet if you can afford it go for it!! Its nice and they are not easy to come by.

Billy

Lostn51 05-13-2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Deara
Hello Billy,
I received my 201 today, but it came damaged.
The motor has a serious dent in it.
Here are some pics so you can see.
I have NOT plugged it in to see if it works.
I have emailed the seller about the damage.
Waiting on his reply.

Do you have any advice? Could this dent have damaged the motor?

I realize you are a very busy man and I really appreciate what you have done for me so far.

Blessings to you,
Sandi

Plug it in and see if it works. The worst thing is you will have to replace the cover.

I do love the 201's......

Billy

Deara 05-13-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Wow, Sandi, that is not cool. Did that happen in shipping or maybe it was there and the seller didn't reveal it. Hmmm... I would be upset. Blessings to you. :D

I have pictures of it that was posted on ebay. I zoomed in to the motor area and no dents.
Hubby just said he can take the cover off and check to see if the motor is damaged.

Blessings back friend............

mickey 05-13-2010 10:08 AM

actually it is the display one. And the cabinet treadle is near you so if you want it let me know and i will tell you where it is listed