Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

Cari-in-Oly 01-21-2016 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 7441210)
Cari, it is beautiful, where did you find a green hand crank? Lucky lucky

ShopGoodwill. It's Rodneys fault, enabler that he is he sent me a link to it.:D I figured I deserved something cool after my last machine was such a let down.

Cari

Borletti Milano 01-22-2016 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly (Post 7441374)
ShopGoodwill. It's Rodneys fault, enabler that he is he sent me a link to it.:D I figured I deserved something cool after my last machine was such a let down.

Cari

Congratulations, Cari! I started watching this machine the day it was posted...of course I wanted it too, but was fighting the urge to buy a Brother - I'm recently getting sucked into vintage Pfaff and Bernina so I really don't want to open up another can of worms!

I watched the bidding go up and up, and (knowing your weakness for Brother) thought to myself "I wonder if Cari will buy this?"

monopas 01-22-2016 10:13 AM

Cari, Wow! I'm looking forward to getting a look at it sometime!

Cari-in-Oly 01-22-2016 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Borletti Milano (Post 7441714)
Congratulations, Cari! I started watching this machine the day it was posted...of course I wanted it too, but was fighting the urge to buy a Brother - I'm recently getting sucked into vintage Pfaff and Bernina so I really don't want to open up another can of worms!
I watched the bidding go up and up, and (knowing your weakness for Brother) thought to myself "I wonder if Cari will buy this?"

I know how you feel. Every time I see a cool looking machine I want it. And I always say I'm not a Singer gal but you wouldn't know it by the number of them I have and can't let go of, lol.
I sat back and watched the bidding until the last day. Then it got hot the last 5 minutes but I was the more stubborn one.:thumbup::):sew::D

Cari

Cari-in-Oly 01-22-2016 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by monopas (Post 7441780)
Cari, Wow! I'm looking forward to getting a look at it sometime!

Absolutely! I'll bring it to our next get together. Or you can come over and see it any time.

Cari

sewbeadit 01-22-2016 01:41 PM

Are we having another get together? Isn't it about time to have one?"

Cari, I thought that may have been the machine I saw on that site but I didn't realize it was a hc. Lovely, glad you got it it is so purddy!

Cari-in-Oly 01-22-2016 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 7441960)
Are we having another get together? Isn't it about time to have one?"
Cari, I thought that may have been the machine I saw on that site but I didn't realize it was a hc. Lovely, glad you got it it is so purddy!

Yes it is about that time, though I'd go for one every week if we could!:D
The hc was my main reason for wanting it. I have so many clones that the color, while it's cool, wasn't that much of a pull. A dark green late 50s model is on my short list, but it would have to be one I don't already have.

Cari

SteveH 01-22-2016 04:44 PM

If you do, I will try to make it up for that

monopas 01-22-2016 07:08 PM

A get together would be nice. Nicer in a month when I'll feel better. Learn from my mistakes: Drink more water, because kidney stones are not fun. Shunt is an ugly word, but a useful thing.

purplefiend 01-22-2016 09:01 PM

I bought 2 Berninas today at my local Bernina dealer. An 817 for $89 and an 818 for $99. Both are in good condition and sew very nicely. I am teaching two young women to sew and wanted them to experience what a good machine is like. They were going to buy Wally world machines, said no don't do that.
Sharon in Texas