Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

chris_quilts 08-05-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

Some of my vintage sewing machines

Lovely looking machines especially the Necchis.

I love the Necchi machines. The Mira BU was missing the Wonder Wheel attachment and they are really hard to find.

I have 3 Necchis and from lokoing at yours I also have the Mira BU. What is the Wonderwheel attachment? I ask because mine only has the one presser foot it came with but I got it for free. Also do you a manula for the Mira BU?

Surfergirl 08-05-2011 08:39 AM

I love the Necchi machines. The Mira BU was missing the Wonder Wheel attachment and they are really hard to find.

I have 3 Necchis and from lokoing at yours I also have the Mira BU. What is the Wonderwheel attachment? I ask because mine only has the one presser foot it came with but I got it for free. Also do you a manula for the Mira BU?

If you go to Yahoo Groups and join the Necchi Sewing Circle, you can download a free copy of the manual for the Necchi Mira Bu and the Wonder Wheel Attachment. With the Wonder Wheel, you can sew decorative stitches, etc.

chris_quilts 08-05-2011 08:50 AM

If you go to Yahoo Groups and join the Necchi Sewing Circle, you can download a free copy of the manual for the Necchi Mira Bu and the Wonder Wheel Attachment. With the Wonder Wheel, you can sew decorative stitches, etc.

Thanks for the information. I will join them. I am a lurking member of the Vintage Nechhi group.

purplefiend 08-05-2011 01:56 PM

Pam H,
Don't turn the handwheel backwards and you won't get any
threads caught in the machine.
Have fun with your new toy!
Sharon W.

nickylsf 08-06-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muv
Nickylsf - Hilarious French decals. I know the French often don't know the difference between England and Scotland, but to get it wrong on a decal, oh dear! That machine is worth every penny for the joke value.

Hmm, I would have thought the decals were applied at the factory.

aorlflood 08-06-2011 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked this little beauty up last night at an auction...for $2.00!!! She had the wrong foot controller with her, but the one from my 221 fits. After oiling and lubricating and fiddling with the tension, she sews perfectly!!! :)

She has a couple of feet, about a dozen bobbins and her original manual. From her serial number she dates from 1950-1951, born in Anderson, SC.

nickylsf 08-06-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Just picked this little beauty up last night at an auction...for $2.00!!! She had the wrong foot controller with her, but the one from my 221 fits. After oiling and lubricating and fiddling with the tension, she sews perfectly!!! :)

She has a couple of feet, about a dozen bobbins and her original manual. From her serial number she dates from 1950-1951, born in Anderson, SC.

Nice score!

Muv 08-06-2011 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf

Originally Posted by Muv
Nickylsf - Hilarious French decals. I know the French often don't know the difference between England and Scotland, but to get it wrong on a decal, oh dear! That machine is worth every penny for the joke value.

Hmm, I would have thought the decals were applied at the factory.

I dare say they were, but no self respecting Scot would have come up with that wording and I doubt an Englishman in Scotland - especially Glasgow - would have dared.

ckcowl 08-07-2011 08:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
well- i did not know i was in the market for this little jem- but i am sure glad she found me :)
stopped in to a neighbors garage sale saturday morning and sitting on the floor was this little case with a singer handle--- i opened it and it just took my breath away- it was so clean- all decals intact- cord looking good- light works- every thing works- the case is the only thing about it that shows any wear- it has some damage- but the machine i do not think was used much at all-
it is a 99K- from 1956...i am going to go give it a good going over and oil it (when i get off this dog-gone computer)
i am so happy with it :thumbup:
for 3 years now i have been wanting to pick up a second machine- for taking places (i hate lugging my viking around) had looked at many different (new) machines- nothing (spoke) to me---this one...hubby was with me- he was as excited about this one as i was...
it has 1 foot-on it- one bobbin- and one needle --- no attachments were with it- i have now joined the world of singer vintage machines...oh boy ;)

new to me 99K
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237847[/ATTACH]

case is a bit rough
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237848[/ATTACH]

so beautiful in my eyes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237849[/ATTACH]

ckcowl 08-07-2011 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
double post-sorry

machine is in great shape
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237857[/ATTACH]