Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

makitmama 12-04-2012 07:48 AM

hey SteveH- did you ever identify your white rotary? I need a motor mount for a very similar machine....

SteveH 12-04-2012 08:56 AM

Not yet. It is a White Family Rotary, that's all I know at this point. I was able to purchase a replacement motor on EBay which already has the part on it. When it arrives I will post a couple of pics.

This part may be a candidate for my shop to fabricate up a few copies....

makitmama 12-04-2012 02:21 PM

please, please.

purplefiend 12-04-2012 04:37 PM

Hi everyone,
Sorry its been so long since I posted last, been ill with MRSA; its all cleared up now. Yippee!!!
Today I finally found more bobbins for my Pfaff 60 treadle. It takes a class 15 bobbin, but it has to have a slit in the bottom of the bobbin so that the pin on the bobbin winder will engage properly. I thought that part was broken, until today I got a good look at the only bobbin that came with it. I'd been using Singer class 15 or old Bernina bobbins and they work fine to sew with, but not to wind a new bobbin. My local Pfaff dealer worked with me and gave me several bobbins to try out.
Currently making Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt with the Pfaff treadle, "Easy Street". No more triangle points being gobbled by the greedy Pfaff 1222E electric zig zag.

SteveH,
Congrats on being a Grandpa. I love the White Rotary too!
treadling happily in central Texas,
Sharon W.

miriam 12-04-2012 05:34 PM

Sharon that MRSA is horrible. I hope you are all better. Glad to hear you are feeling up to messing with machines and back to quilting again. I wondered where you had been.

BoJangles 12-04-2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5696634)
I'll check that out! It sounds awesome. I am SO into people powered machines. I am restoring a 1922 red-eye treadle and case now. (I just restored the base... wow is it amazingly smooth) I also use a 29-4 "Patcher" a LOT now.

Here is my little Granddaughter Coraline,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]379894[/ATTACH]

She's adorable! Congratulations!

Nancy

jennb 12-05-2012 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My little toy machine I picked up this weekend. I may see about doing a full restoration on this one. She appears to be in working order.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380303[/ATTACH]

SteveH 12-05-2012 12:36 PM

so cool! be sure to get really good photos of the decals first...

jennb 12-05-2012 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5700403)
so cool! be sure to get really good photos of the decals first...

That is the first order of business. It should say Junior Miss on the top as well. I found some good photos online of restored or pristine condition ones. My partner and I have been searching for a good graphic artist to do some work on our waterslide decals so I may see if I can add this to the job list.

SteveH 12-05-2012 08:52 PM

Well, this has been quite a week. I just got a good review and a raise, and I got an opportunity to buy a Singer 241-12 working for $100. Timing is everything.