Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

Spudgm 01-14-2013 06:52 AM

Thank you for the info Miriam. I'm kind of excited to see if this machine runs. I have had it for a long time just never had the time to check it out.

purplefiend 01-14-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi (Post 5761043)
Oh wow I have never seen a bobbin like that-great score.

OMG You have a 2 spool!!! They're awesome from what I have heard. You can sew for days without having to wind a bobbin. Its a small wooden spool that fits in the canister. Several people on the board have them.
Sharon

purplefiend 01-15-2013 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5771739)
Sharon,

What is the difference between a 15 and a 115? From your pic they look the same to my tired eyes.

Joe

Hi Joe,
Its a rotary and also the bobbins and bobbin case are different; feed dogs don't drop, bobbin winder is different, no extra thingy on the front for winding bobbins while sewing. The needle goes in with the flat to the right and threads left to right also; bobbin case threads differently from the 15. I also have a 15-90.
I hope what I have posted is coherent as I've got that stomach bug that's going around.
Sharon

purplefiend 01-15-2013 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spudgm (Post 5785246)
Thank you for the info Miriam. I'm kind of excited to see if this machine runs. I have had it for a long time just never had the time to check it out.

Your machine is pretty and I see that it has the Tiffany/Gingerbread decals that my Singer 115 has.
Sharon

BoJangles 01-15-2013 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Spudgm (Post 5784640)
This is my Singer Treadle, I have no idea about a serial # I did not even know they had one. I will have to look when I get a chance. I'm not sure it works, it needs the belt that runs from the treadle and I'm not sure where to get one. I learned to sew on a treadle my mom had, not this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387987[/ATTACH]

Congratulations! Very nice machine, nice decals - mostly all there, and the cabinet looks like it was taken care of! That whole outfit looks like it is ready to go - doesn't need refinishing! Lucky you!

Nancy

Spudgm 01-15-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5787363)
Your machine is pretty and I see that it has the Tiffany/Gingerbread decals that my Singer 115 has.
Sharon

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5787461)
Congratulations! Very nice machine, nice decals - mostly all there, and the cabinet looks like it was taken care of! That whole outfit looks like it is ready to go - doesn't need refinishing! Lucky you!
Nancy

Thanks. It is a nice machine and I have had it for a very long time. I need to get a belt for her and someone posted a link for parts and now I cannot find the post.

There are some absolutely beautiful machines in this thread, I spent a couple of hours over the weekend looking at them all, time well spent...:)

miriam 01-15-2013 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Spudgm (Post 5788143)
Thanks. It is a nice machine and I have had it for a very long time. I need to get a belt for her and someone posted a link for parts and now I cannot find the post.

There are some absolutely beautiful machines in this thread, I spent a couple of hours over the weekend looking at them all, time well spent...:)

try sew-classic for parts - Jenny is a nice lady

Spudgm 01-15-2013 10:01 AM

Thank you Miriam, I will check it out. I will probably need to find out what the model is before I can order.

BoJangles 01-16-2013 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Spudgm (Post 5788156)
Thank you Miriam, I will check it out. I will probably need to find out what the model is before I can order.

No you don't need a model number for a treadle belt. Most all treadle belts that come pre-cut and packaged are 72"s. You will then have to measure the belt to your machine, cut it the correct length and use the little staple like thing that comes with the belt to connect the ends together. Some people on here sew their belts together with dental floss or a heavy thread. Your machine (looks like a Model 127) will use the normal pre-packaged treadle belts. Most all sewing repair shops carry those belts, as do most on-line sewing stores. Just put the belt around the treadle wheel, around your hand wheel slot, cut one end of the leather off where the two ends meet, now sew/connect together. Don't put the belt too tight, but if you find it is too lose when you start to treadle, just cut and re-sew a second time.

Nancy

SteveH 01-16-2013 08:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like I will be picking this machine up this weekend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388418[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388419[/ATTACH]

$50 and a 1 hour round trip.