Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Questions for Necchi BU owners >

Questions for Necchi BU owners

Questions for Necchi BU owners

Old 01-21-2015, 08:14 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507134[/ATTACH]

this is nasty knee shee. The paint is/was wrinkled, falling off in chucks like fine gravel. All the chrome was brown. stuck so bad it took both hands to get a 3/4 turn on it, no way it would go all the way around. plus those little mouse things all over it. I left it sitting where is was until the last time in that trailer, only bought it just for bragging rights. I did oil it, let it sit til lastnight, added some home brew oil, with in 30 minutes it turns as free as any machine, The beds sanded now, tonight it going in a treadle stand and get some thread.

neat machine, it's not a pfaff, rates way over most machines. I had to change motors, to a universal .92 amp motor. It sounds as powerful as a Pfaff 130, just not as smooth at hi speed
Attached Thumbnails 100_0443.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 10:35 PM

in that pic nasty knee shee has already had a oil bath, all the chrome removed so so cleaned except the tensioner. paint removed from the logo forward

I just pulled out my home brew treadle stand, put it in and using elec power, then went treadle using a quick made plastic belt.

shook my head and went I hate nasty knee shee.

I checked the bobbin tension it was too tight ( as per they say) stuck it in anyway. did the upper thread, way tight, couple turns on the knob,

to il and clean this thing I only have thinned down motor oil, a wired brush and metal grinding sander disc to knock off the paint. ( used by hand) all that and

nasty knee shee sew great. it threads a good as you could ask for even using ZZ, better than a Pfaff 130. it would be perfect with a larger handwheel, I know will fit on it ...but will also need the adapter switched. The necchi hand wheel is heavier than the singer spooked wheel I have to spare.

I give necchi 5 thumbs up