Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Quilt Retreat With No Electricity? >

Quilt Retreat With No Electricity?

Quilt Retreat With No Electricity?

Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 PM

The last retreat I was at with no electricity was a hurricane. Call me Quilt Diva. No electricity sounds like the opposite of heaven to me. A day with a treadle sounds like fun, but only with the lights ON!! Signing off, "Quilt Diva"
Old 02-19-2012, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
CD, you sound like a true Okie, lol...I can say that because I am from Ok. Was raised there but have lived in Arkansas for most of my life. I always say I'm an Arkie Okie, lol.....loved your Quotes, Joy
Thanks Grannyh67. I’m a transplant, but I enjoy the “golden waves of grain” out here in farm country.

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
...what does TOGA stand for?
Hi BarbaraSue,
TOGA is a term coined by the vintage sewing machine group “TreadleOn”. It’s short for “TreadleOn Gathering and Academy”, whereby folks get together to enjoy vintage sewing machines, socialize, and learn about sewing with vintage machines. Think of it as a sewing machine swap meet with project classes and a potluck dinner thrown in....

CD in Oklahoma
Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 AM

Thank you ThayerRags, I hadn't thought of TreadleOn as the beginning. What could be wrong in that idea?
Sounds like lots of fun to me. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for it and drag my DH along. For all the tractor swap meets, and old classic car swap meets I've been to, it's his turn to be the puppy following along with me.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
Thank you ThayerRags, I hadn't thought of TreadleOn as the beginning. What could be wrong in that idea?
Sounds like lots of fun to me. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for it and drag my DH along. For all the tractor swap meets, and old classic car swap meets I've been to, it's his turn to be the puppy following along with me.
Why don't you start something at the tractor shows. I bet it would be a hit! Imagine that something for women at a tractor show.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Anybody in Indiana want to do something like that?