Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilting On a Vintage Singer Machine

Tammi,

I'm quietly looking for a penguin WF. But from the prices I've seen it would be a fluke if I get one.

Thanks for all the work you did in the post above. I do believe I will continue to use that WF we have.
    I haven't ordered another SS WF from Sew Classic yet cos I'm waiting till she rotates her stock. Just a goofy trait of mine.

Joe

I am too. I have heard of one lady on this board who lucked into one (and knew what it was and snapped it up) though. I don't think I can ask for 2 flukes like that in my lifetime. The 222 was fluke enough. Still, sometimes I luck onto boxes of attachments, you never know.

My pleasure, Joe.

Waiting for stock rotation is a good idea. It may have been a one off dud, or it may have been a bad batch.
    Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 03-19-2013 at 11:44 AM.

I lucked into a Penguin foot and sold it. I don't believe it's worth the $ and quilt on so many machines that it's not worth it to me. So I sold it.

Tammi, good luck using your 301 WF. My experience with over 25 years of quilting and sewing machines have taught me some tricks and if I can pass them on to others, that's what I do. Of course what Jenny sells is safe. It won't harm the machine. It's just not worth the money, IMO. Since it doesn't do what WF should, many people just use a regular foot and don't need it. When people post their photos of pleats and tucks in their tops or backings and question why they're having the issue, the first question I ask is are you using a proper WF, because usually this is not the case. And like I said the correct tool will give a much better end product.
    Last edited by Candace; 03-19-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Joe, the Alpha Sew SS WF foot is a good foot. Though if it's coming from China, you know how the quality control is lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Joe, the Alpha Sew SS WF foot is a good foot. Though if it's coming from China, you know how the quality control is lately.
    Yes I do. That's why I was waiting for a while for her to rotate her stock. Eventually I'll get another one.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2