Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Repainting a Sewing Machine...... >

Repainting a Sewing Machine......

Repainting a Sewing Machine......

Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 PM

i noticed that on your stripped down machine, the sliding plate was taken off for the refinishing. i have a singer made in scotland in '53 and the sliding plate is gone. do you know where i can get one that will fit? i also need a rubber belt. i have the old one, but it's very worn. on the one that you're refinishing, do you use modern bobbins?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:34 PM

Beautiful work on the sewing machine, Billy....Oh yea, beautiful work on your hedge too :-( If for some reason an eleven foot high hedge was "hanging" in her yard she should have spoken with you about it, sounds like a controller to me. What is the saying, good fences make good neighbors, maybe we can change that to good hedges. Maybe a fence would be the answer. Anyway, hope you can resolve this without too many bad feelings.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:28 PM

I've got to let DH read this thread. You're his kind of guy. He would totally do something like you're doing to make his point. We have a major issue (well it's a lawsuit now) with the owner of the property next to ours. They redid their backyard drainage pattern and flooded our house. The owner would not take responsibility for it until we sued her..and this has now gone on for 6 months. He wanted to write letters to all of her neighbors in Ohio and tell them what kind of person she is. He said it would make him feel better. Nothing really changes, but he gets to yank on her chain a bit. You go, Billy!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 PM

Billy,
Have you thought about planting something there that has thorns? Maybe something that bees like to live in? lol
I LOVE my neighbors. On two sides are horse pastures, and across the road is a herd of Angus cows and calves, and a pair of donkeys. I prefer 4-legged jackasses over the 2 legged kind.

Good luck with the dingbat neighbors.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
I've got to let DH read this thread. You're his kind of guy. He would totally do something like you're doing to make his point. We have a major issue (well it's a lawsuit now) with the owner of the property next to ours. They redid their backyard drainage pattern and flooded our house. The owner would not take responsibility for it until we sued her..and this has now gone on for 6 months. He wanted to write letters to all of her neighbors in Ohio and tell them what kind of person she is. He said it would make him feel better. Nothing really changes, but he gets to yank on her chain a bit. You go, Billy!!!
See I would have never let it get that bad. The first time I noticed that the drainage issue was an issue I would have got my buddy Terry to send one of his Dump trucks over here with a load of dirt and built a berm on that side of the yard against the fence. When the water has to get over 2 feet deep to crest over my berm maybe the jackass would figure out that they might need to rethink the issue.

But my yard would be dry!!

Billy
Old 07-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Toto's Mom
Billy,
Have you thought about planting something there that has thorns? Maybe something that bees like to live in? lol
I LOVE my neighbors. On two sides are horse pastures, and across the road is a herd of Angus cows and calves, and a pair of donkeys. I prefer 4-legged jackasses over the 2 legged kind.

Good luck with the dingbat neighbors.
How true........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 AM

I can't wait to see it finished.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
I can't wait to see it finished.
Here is the latest photos and the machine should be finished today!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56165-1.htm

Billy
Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 PM

Didn't get notices today on this. I got worried afraid she tried to get you or something.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

Nah I am giving her a break. I really think she got the idea and I am not pushing it any further. She was given a citation and has to pay a fine and clean her backyard up so thats good enough for me!

Billy