Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Replacement Power Cord Comparison >

Replacement Power Cord Comparison

Replacement Power Cord Comparison

Old 09-15-2020, 08:50 AM

Default Replacement Power Cord Comparison

This is a note to any and all sellers of VSM's parts.

As a user & collector of vintage (specifically Singer) sewing machines, i was appalled at the quality of the latest power cord purchased/received. It had to be forced in and out of the receptacle, needless to say that this isn't getting used at all as it will only cause damage to the machine and user.

I compared it to another power cord (purchased from a different place) and there is no comparison at all. This one is a perfect fit and overall quality is far better.

Now then, back to the poor quality cord.....i thought to myself...no big loss as i'll just cut it off and fit the original Bakelite onto the lead. Well, no such luck there either. The copper wires themselves were also of the same bad quality and quickly went into the bin where it belongs. Not a complete loss as i got a refund on the part & shipping so i can't complain about the great customer service i received.

What the seller doesn't realize though, is that they just lost a potential returning customer due to the poor quality unusable/unsafe product received. Should care more about the product on sale to customer rather than sourcing cheap crap and thinking of pennies first. A good seller will always test & check their product first...you know...one that cares as much as the user does. Anyways, rant over lol and wondering if any of you have had similar experiences.

Last edited by Hooligan; 06-04-2021 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:58 AM

Yes, on a number of occasions with different parts. I just stop using the vendor. On occasion I have attempted to rework one piece into another but not usually worth my time and effort. I then chalk it up to experience. On a few occasions However I gave a good rant about the company. Word of mouth can be your best friend in business or your worst enemy.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:38 AM

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...22-590012.html I bought one long ago for a Singer plug like this one.. I had to take a knife and trim the rubber around it to get it to fit into the receptacle area. I wasn't pleased.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
Yes, on a number of occasions with different parts. I just stop using the vendor. On occasion I have attempted to rework one piece into another but not usually worth my time and effort. I then chalk it up to experience. On a few occasions However I gave a good rant about the company. Word of mouth can be your best friend in business or your worst enemy.
I won't mention the company (out loud) due to the customer service i received.
Originally Posted by leonf View Post
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...22-590012.html I bought one long ago for a Singer plug like this one.. I had to take a knife and trim the rubber around it to get it to fit into the receptacle area. I wasn't pleased.

I had thought of trimming but said nope to myself, made it worse when i cut it off and seen the lack of copper wires ​​​​​​​
Old 09-15-2020, 06:35 PM

Another thread - that includes non-Singer plugs Pictures of electrical connections plugs blocks

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Another thread - that includes non-Singer plugs Pictures of electrical connections plugs blocks

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Thanks for the link