Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Rescued machine; help me identify! >

Rescued machine; help me identify!

Rescued machine; help me identify!

Old 09-06-2016, 06:06 PM

Qatie,

Welcome. Congratulations. I think once you get her cleaned up, and oiled you will be happy with your score. I'm not really sure where to post, but since this is where you started, I will post here.

I think I read that you may be missing the bobbin case, needing a bobbin winder tire and a belt. I think I read that you have low shank feet and this machine takes high shanks. sew-classic is a good place to get a lot of those things. Unfortunately the adapter that you could use (see http://shop.sew-classic.com/High-Sha...daptor-FHL.htm ) to use your low shank feet with this machine is out of stock. I have the "non-cam" version of a Pfaff (much like yours and KenmoreGal that was made by Gritzner. I'm pretty sure it takes class 15 bobbins, but can't remember whether it is a one o'clock or 11 o'clock finger. Those are available at sew-classic, too. I did get the adapter, but haven't tried it yet.

I don't know if the machines that have the cams can be treadled, but my instruction manual shows that the Pfaff 139 can be treadled. I know there is a "White" machine made by Gritzner, too. I thought I had downloaded the "White" version manual from the singerco.com site, but can't find it now.

Again, welcome and good luck on getting this machine running - I think you will be glad you got it.

Janey, Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:21 AM

That's a grand find. I know you will like the knee control.