Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sew many machines, sew little time. >

Sew many machines, sew little time.

Sew many machines, sew little time.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:27 AM

I just used a Mr Clean Magic Eraser on the case for the 185 in this lot of machines, and on the 185 itself (although it didn't need much). I also used one recently on a vinyl case for a Kenmore 120.941 and it cleaned it up very nicely. I will use one on the 401 in the picture also. I am very happy with how well it worked. Magic indeed.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:12 AM

I'd created separate threads for a few of these instead of just updating here. I just finished two more, the blue Brother and the Necchi, two left, the Nelco and the Morse. The Nelco machine is actually finished but not tested as I have to rewire the connector for the wall plug and foot control (I have to solder, something at which I am not at all adept).

The Brother is a nice looking machine and sews as well as other 15 clones. The Necchi I had to test just on the workbench, and boy oh boy is it smooth and quiet; I think it's a keeper. I did remove the "wonder wheel" because the rubber on it was rotted and I do not have whatever cams or discs make it a wonder.
Attached Thumbnails 20220301_124903.jpg   20220301_124830.jpg  
Old 03-19-2022, 04:33 PM

Those look really nice. Neat that you have a Brother tin.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:04 PM

So totally awesome machines. You have given me thought on making an extended road trip later this spring when we head to the allergist in Northern WI. Talking to hubby about slowing down and hitting the thrift and antique stores along the 5 hour trip!