Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sewing diarama in a treadle drawer >

Sewing diarama in a treadle drawer

Sewing diarama in a treadle drawer

Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 AM

Default Sewing diarama in a treadle drawer

My cousin picked up a pair of treadle drawer sets about 1999 (she died May of 2000) and made shadow box out of it. (Photobucket won't upload my pics this morning so I'm using the forums system, pic is below)
Her work wasn't really great due to her health issues. I never did like them, too much hot glue, so I'm thinking of removing all the stuff, fixing the drawers and returning them to the frames. Then eventually putting them under a work table for sewing stuff.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails img_4308.jpg  

Last edited by J Miller; 09-15-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
My cousin picked up a pair of treadle drawer sets about 1999 (she died May of 2000) and made shadow box out of it. (Photobucket won't upload my pics this morning so I'm using the forums system, pic is below)
Her work wasn't really great due to her health issues. I never did like them, too much hot glue, so I'm thinking of removing all the stuff, fixing the drawers and returning them to the frames. Then eventually putting them under a work table for sewing stuff.

Joe
That's a cute idea for any person that wants to decorate their sewing room walls. These drawers are easily found in antique stores. One could display their Singer attachments and/or spools of thread this way. If one had three drawers, they could be displayed in an step arrangement. I have also seen the drawers painted to display cards or other sewing items on shelves or sewing tables.

I would just take all the items out, remove that fabric, and clean and stain the drawer. I would then hang the drawer on a wall, but those cute items would be rearranged with vintage spools of threads and Singer attachments, some in the drawer and some on top.