Sewng Cams ?

Old 09-25-2013, 03:26 PM

Default Sewng Cams ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]438134[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]438135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]438136[/ATTACH]

First picture is a box of cams the box says Wards Signature 12 cams, and 1 duplicate cam trying to find out what machine they can be used with and how much their worth?

Next pictures are Singer Special Discs Touch & Sew Model 600 & 603 Part no. 21976 16 cams. How much are they worth? Or where to search for answers.
Attached Thumbnails img_1261.jpg   img_1263.jpg   img_1267.jpg  

Last edited by Quilter Day-by-Day; 09-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day View Post

Next pictures are Singer Special Discs Touch & Sew Model 600 & 603 Part no. 21976 16 cams. How much are they worth? Or where to search for answers.
Have you tried eBay? Look for completed listings as a lot of people ask unrealistic prices.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Q D b D,

For the most part I pay from $5.00 to $15.00 for cam sets here at my LSMG and on GW. They are not rare or uncommon at all.

The MW ones fit machines the Signature machines. But there are different versions of those just like there are different versions of Kenmore cam machines. And I don't know which models your cams fit.

The Singer cams are all over the place. I have many duplicate sets, got 'em all cheep too.

I know, I'm not much help this time am I?

Joe
Old 09-25-2013, 04:06 PM

I've bought Singer cams from between $2 and $10 each - there are a few that are rather hard to find. However, if what you have is the basic set that came with the machine (and that set is NOT sequentially numbered) then the whole set goes for about $10 - $20 as they are very, very common.

Though I'm pretty sure the basic set comes with only 12 cams, and there are a total of 21-22 cams - 22 because there is a special one but it only works with the newer group of machines.

I know that 8 and 17 are two of the harder to find cams.

They fit the 400 series on up - for a lot of machines. I have two full sets and several extras on hand.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I've bought Singer cams from between $2 and $10 each - there are a few that are rather hard to find. However, if what you have is the basic set that came with the machine (and that set is NOT sequentially numbered) then the whole set goes for about $10 - $20 as they are very, very common.

Though I'm pretty sure the basic set comes with only 12 cams, and there are a total of 21-22 cams - 22 because there is a special one but it only works with the newer group of machines.

I know that 8 and 17 are two of the harder to find cams.

They fit the 400 series on up - for a lot of machines. I have two full sets and several extras on hand.
My # are 2,3,4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,20,21 How much would you think I should sell them for?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:54 PM

Prices vary.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...mplete=1&rt=nc

#22 is the overedge cam and it works on all machines that take the top hat cams. #23 is the basting disc and it does not work on the 400 or 500 series. not sure if it works on the earlier T&S. If you count cam #0 there are at least 24 top hat cams. There could be more I don't know about.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 AM

I forgot about there being a cam 0 - I have two sets 0-22, one for DH's 403 and one for my 401. I've got a bunch of extras and I'm waiting until I get my Rocketeer to decide what to keep - I"ll want a complete set for that machine too.

Like Sheluma posted - there are a lot of them on Ebay - though on that listing there area lot of repeats, as the sellers keep listing the same item at the same price as the listing expires. I've seen items that have been relisted for over two years - and still there. I guess some sellers aren't all that concerned with actually selling their items.

There are more, newer cams, however they don't work on the mechanical machines so I've not paid much attention to them. I do have cam 23 is anyone is interested.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:40 PM

I forgot about there being a cam 0 - I have two sets 0-22, one for DH's 403 and one for my 401. I've got a bunch of extras and I'm waiting until I get my Rocketeer to decide what to keep - I"ll want a complete set for that machine too.

Like Sheluma posted - there are a lot of them on Ebay - though on that listing there area lot of repeats, as the sellers keep listing the same item at the same price as the listing expires. I've seen items that have been relisted for over two years - and still there. I guess some sellers aren't all that concerned with actually selling their items.

There are more, newer cams, however they don't work on the mechanical machines so I've not paid much attention to them. I do have cam 23 is anyone is interested.
I was lazy about that search. You can click on "sold" on the left-hand menu to get rid of the unsold and dupes. Sellers can automatically renew their listings, and there are no listing fees anymore on ebay for items under a certain amount. (Though final value fees have skyrocketed.) The funny thing is that I have bought items that have been up for so long that the seller can't find them! One time I got a refund and when the seller found the item a few weeks later she sent it to me gratis!

I think the newer cams are white and are called "flexi discs" or something like that. For the top hats, I guess 0 - 23 is all there is. I wish the basting disc worked on the 400/500! I would love to have a longer basting stitch. But not gonna buy a plastic machine to get it.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 PM

I paid $13 for my MW machine with a full set of the cams in your top picture. Great machine with one of the cams making a large serpentine stitch, which is what I just pulled it out for. Oh, it came with no bobbin case so that was another $13 so for $26 I bought the machine and cams. Came with a buttonholer, too, but I think it might be missing a part.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 AM
BCM

I have a machine with cams, but do not know how to use them. No book was given to me with the singer machine. Can anyone explain how to make them work? Singer 758 (I think that is the number, it is difficult to read.)