Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
She's Here, She's Beautiful, She Needs A Name... >

She's Here, She's Beautiful, She Needs A Name...

She's Here, She's Beautiful, She Needs A Name...

Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 AM

"Jenny" (for Jenny Lind, a Victorian era burlesque singer!)
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM

She is very pretty. Start thinking of possible names for her and sew with her. She will tell you just what to call her. I had one FW that I named, and she just shouted out to me that her name was one of the other names that I had thought of. Yes, these lovely old beauties do talk to us!! Be sure and let us know what her name is.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
She is very pretty. Start thinking of possible names for her and sew with her. She will tell you just what to call her. I had one FW that I named, and she just shouted out to me that her name was one of the other names that I had thought of. Yes, these lovely old beauties do talk to us!! Be sure and let us know what her name is.
I think I will have to sew with her and let her choose her own name. Being a former teacher, most names either have a pleasant or unpleasant memory with them! I don't want her to take after some of my former students!!!! I'll let you know what her name turns out to be.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
I think I will have to sew with her and let her choose her own name. Being a former teacher, most names either have a pleasant or unpleasant memory with them! I don't want her to take after some of my former students!!!! I'll let you know what her name turns out to be.
My 15-91 has a name! A dear friend of mine just gave me a beautiful Singer #40 library table that had a 15-91 in it. The machine is a bit rough, so I am going to put the 15-91 I purchased into the cabinet. My friend's legal first and middle names are Kitty Kate. So, my 15-91 is named in honor of my friend, Kitty Kate! Kitty Kate's older sister that came in the cabinet will be cleaned, oiled, and displayed until I find someone to gift her to.
Thanks for all the name suggestions and especially the suggestion to wait and she would tell me her name!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 AM

Kitty Kate is a great name for your machine. It sounds like a fun name and will suit her well as you sew with her.
I still haven't found a name for my white FW, but she will let me know what it is, I'm sure.
Last night I went to Walmart looking for some material that I could use to make a cover/tote and a bag for her foot petall. I was thinking a lavender or purple, but came upon a red roses floral on a light green background and it's companion tiny floral on the same background fabric that spoke to me. Or was it my machine at home that told me that she would look good with this fabric around her??? Ya, anyone else that hasn't had fabric and machines talk to them would say I'm nuts, but that's just how it is. Now today I will probably start on the sewing project for my new little machine.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Kitty Kate is a great name for your machine. It sounds like a fun name and will suit her well as you sew with her.
I still haven't found a name for my white FW, but she will let me know what it is, I'm sure.
Last night I went to Walmart looking for some material that I could use to make a cover/tote and a bag for her foot petall. I was thinking a lavender or purple, but came upon a red roses floral on a light green background and it's companion tiny floral on the same background fabric that spoke to me. Or was it my machine at home that told me that she would look good with this fabric around her??? Ya, anyone else that hasn't had fabric and machines talk to them would say I'm nuts, but that's just how it is. Now today I will probably start on the sewing project for my new little machine.
Maybe her name should be Rose!