Singer 128-13

Old 07-09-2020, 07:37 AM

My wife doesn't mind the collectibles but not so much on the tools, etc that are purchased along the way. You meant to say Electronics & Carbon "will" break or that is my way of thinking. Anyways, enjoyed the post...much thanks but off-topic i guess lol
Ta Leon
Old 07-09-2020, 07:40 AM

Here are a pair of circa 1950 Dunelts tied together with an accessory built in the 1970s.

Garb was sewn by my GF who enjoys hanging around with me. She made the sewing basket/purse also. She got me started on this whole VSM adventure when she asked me to fix her featherweight. I knew nothing about sewing machines, but I was a gearhead. It took me several tries, but I got is and then the bug got me.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:46 AM

Lol yes the bug very easily takes hold indeed. I say many a times "no more" but then something comes along and it has to be me that gets hold of it (why i got the last model 128) lol
Only i can look after them properly, that's what i tell the good wife
Old 07-09-2020, 07:46 AM

the bikes are mid 50s Dunelt British 3 speeds, coupled with an accessory from mid 1970s.

GF made the garb and the purse/sewing bag She started me in the VSM obsession when she asked me to fix her featherweight. I was a gearhead, but had never touched a sewing machine. I fixed it and the bug bit.. She sews, I hunt and gather and usually fix.

Sorry for the double post. I thought it disappeared.
Attached Thumbnails side-side-waverly.jpg  
Old 09-15-2020, 06:44 AM

Forgot to mention that the 128 has now been added to my list of working vsm's, very cheap repair/service. This will used some what regular as the old vibrating shuttles are a pleasure to use personally.
Have included a picture where the stitch length is adjusted to 12 SPI for folks that are new to these types. The first picture shows multiple layers and the second shows a typical seam which shows thread tension properly. Third is where to set the machine for 12 stitches per inch

Last edited by Hooligan; 06-04-2021 at 05:18 PM.