Singer 128 extension table

Old 03-14-2014, 11:04 AM

Default Extension table height

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
Soman2, I love, love, love your extension table. It is very handsome and useful, and matches the machine base. It looks to me like you made the table just a bit shorter (less tall) than the machine so you could use the slide plate without removing the extension table. Is that correct?

I have similar extension tables, but in red oak, and my sewing room furniture is all in red oak. I designed it; hubby built it. I also have that same machine, BTW, but don't use it a lot. Does yours have a crinkle finish?

Your quilt looks good. You got everything lined up correctly. Ever thought about learning to quilt it yourself?

Cricket
Cricket,

I used the height of the case as opposed to the bed height so the slide plate is easily removed. I find no issues with this setup and the WIP on the backwall was done with the extension and it solved my issues. I may make a second extension with a wider and deeper table and by moving my machine about 1" furthur away from the wall, the long projects will just pile up on the floor behind the table frame. The 128 is the krinkle(godzilla)finish and I bought it because it and my wife were born in 1951 so I only have to have one birthday party each year-lol. The wood is SYP that I recycle from our incoming trailer shipments. It's kiln dried 4/4, 5/4 and 6/4 SYP S2S with bullnose edging. I get it in 2',4' and 6' lengths and it's FREE!! I have several Singer stands with no top and I plan on making a table to support my 1913 New Home VS treadle and possibly make a coffin box top to protrct it when not in use.

Rodney in Ponchatoula
Old 03-22-2014, 02:24 PM

Wonderful! I love it!
~ Cindy