Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 319w zig zag is not zig zagging >

Singer 319w zig zag is not zig zagging

Singer 319w zig zag is not zig zagging

Old 04-09-2024, 03:13 PM

On the SINGER 319K sewing machine, if you move the needle positioning lever, the needle column moves manually to the left, center and right. But when I activate the zig zag stitch, the mechanics threaten to get heavy as if it were going to move the needle in the balance for the zig zag or decorative stitches that I have selected, but the needle column stays still and does not move with the motor moving the needle. machine. But she sews straight normally and perfectly.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:38 AM

Yes, I understand that you can move it by moving the needle positioning lever.

As I said, I've not worked on a 319, but on the 401 and 501, you can manually push the whole needle apparatus back and forth (side to side). That's why it's called a swing needle. The needle actually swings.

If it doesn't, then you've got a bunch of cleaning and oiling to do.

I'm sorry that I'm not more help. I would be watching youtube videos on the 319. Another option you might try is to go to VSS and ask there. It's not a common machine, so you may not be able to find someone who has actually had this problem. Hence, the youtube videos.

bkay