Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer machine - what can you tell me? >

Singer machine - what can you tell me?

Singer machine - what can you tell me?

Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaMiller View Post
Check with Jenny at Sew-Classic.com. I get all my parts there. You can find your serial number info. on the ISMACS web site. This machine, as Charlee stated, is a 128 type. You will need to buy long bobbins. They are still available. I just got 10 for my 128. MUV really likes them and can instruct you with her videos. Using long bobbins is a little different and you have to get used to it. Changing back and forth could be a challenge for you, if you don't sew much.
Watch MUV's videos and then decide.
Ok Lynn am I blind?....first I thought you forgot to post a pic, then I see nygal responded w/ "It's a beauty. " I don't see anything.
thanks
dee
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
I foolishly bought this from my friend, as she was moving, and discovered it has no cord or foot. I love the way it looks, but don't see myself putting in more money to get it working. Maybe I should find a loving home for it. Just don't want to have to ship it, as it is pretty heavy.
Lynn - I'm pretty sure it takes standard low shank feet so you may well have some around that will work.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:21 PM

I'm not a collector, pink. I only have one Janome MC9000 and one Featherweight. I used to have some other machines, but got rid of them when I did over my living/sewing room. At that time I didn't think one needed to have extra machines. LOL I just don't have place to store extra ones. It's been educational reading this board about folks who have multiple machines and stuff.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
I'm not a collector, pink. I only have one Janome MC9000 and one Featherweight. I used to have some other machines, but got rid of them when I did over my living/sewing room. At that time I didn't think one needed to have extra machines. LOL I just don't have place to store extra ones. It's been educational reading this board about folks who have multiple machines and stuff.
The featherweight feet should work on it.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:16 AM

Sorry, I mean foot pedal. The connection is not the same. Featherweight has a combined electric plug and foot pedal cord, but this has separate connections. There is an electric cord, but the place for the foot pedal connection is a single round hole. It does have three feet: one regular, and two sizes that look like zipper feet. Also has that bullet shaped bobbin that I've never seen before.