Singer Merritt 4019

Old 06-27-2012, 08:37 AM

Default Singer Merritt 4019

Does anyone have one of these? I am going crazy trying to figure out the upper threading. I have never seen one like it. I do not have a manual for it.Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:14 AM

Barb,

Without a picture I'm guessing, but most of them are like the old Pall Mall cigarette filter adds:
"Over, Under, Around and Thru"......... well, kinda.

OK, to be serious I'll try to help based on what few pics I have. The thread comes off the spool to the left and through the thread guide. Then it does a turn and comes forward and then drops down the grove on the right side, down to the hook then up the left grove to the thread take up lever, then down again through the guides to the needle.

That's real simple but should be close. I have a Merritt 4622A and it threads pretty much like that. I thought I had some pics of it, but they must be on the dead hard drive.

If you could post some pics of the top and front of your machine I could help a bit more.

Here's a link to a slightly different Merritt, don't know if it will help, but the basics are similar.
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 06-27-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:55 AM

Thanks Joe, I will look at it. That is basically what I was doing but all the thread seems to be squished into a 1/4" wide channel. Also this machine does not have the typical upper thread tension dial, it is to the left of the thread track and there is not a way to put thread through it. I will try to post a picture.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 PM

here's a link to one of our pages here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...a-t141437.html
Old 09-15-2012, 02:24 PM

I have decided to give away this machine (I never did name it!) so if there is any one in the central VT area that wants it, let me know. You would have to pick it up.
Attached Thumbnails singerm.jpg  
Old 09-16-2012, 10:08 AM
tmw

thats a nice older machine, have you gone onto the singer site, and researched it, i have the 3314c and its not hard to thread. these older machines are heavy, meaning the gears are metal. if i where there i might be able to figure it out. somebody will get a good machine,