Singer puzzle Box

Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM

All clean and purdy!! I think I have all the pieces except the 2 small screwdrivers on the left side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328562[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328564[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 048.jpg   049.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:23 PM

I am now the proud owner of a Singer Puzzle box! Does anyone out there have any instructions as to how to use the parts? I have the one with the shuttle bobbins, but think they both must work similarly. What I am wondering is how to use the attachments on the bar in the center of the box. Do they hook onto something, and if so, how? Thanks!
Janis
Old 05-31-2012, 05:26 AM

Janis,

I have no instructions, but the hemmers on the bar in the center attach to the presser foot that's at the very bottom just to the right of the bar. You can see the thumb screw on the foot on the left and the needle hole on the right as it's held by the box clamp.

I have on of the feet, but no hemmers for it.

Joe
Old 05-31-2012, 06:37 AM

Janis, you should have a foot in the box that looks like this one. The posts on the hemmers fits into the hole and the thumb screw secures them. [ATTACH=CONFIG]339007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]339008[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imag0020-800x698-.jpg   imag0021-800x562-.jpg  
Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM

Thanks Joe for pointing out where in AZ's box the foot is. I had seen a couple of feet in the box I got, but just dismissed them as regular feet.
NOW that Charlee has displayed a picture of the foot, I went and looked again at what I have. I do have the foot!!! And now, I'm assuming that the different attachments will fold the fabric for different widths of hems. Is that right? I had thought that they might be for forming different widths of bias binding. How neat to have attachments that do the folding of a hem for us!!! Now to try them out.
My puzzle box came with the shuttles rather than the bobbins, but they look cute in the box, now that I have figured out where they go. I need to fix the holder back on the box. Do I need to use little screws or tiny nails to do it? I did download a instruction book for it, but it doe show how to use those feet, except the foot they attach to looks a little different from the one that is pictured above and the one I have. Thanks a lot for the help! Now to figure out what the flat things in the box do too.
These old attachments are just so much fun to try and use!! I'm learning!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM

Janis, the hemmers will fold for you, but I always press the initial hem (just the first fold) into the fabric first...just seems to work better for me!

Here are some You Tube videos that show how to use different attachments, I searched for the hemmers, and got this:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0.m-iCmYlA8cY

I think I saw one or two of Muv's videos there...hers ROCK!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:52 PM

Thanks Charlee for the videos. It takes me a while to download them so I can see them, I still have that old dial-up, (but at least I have that!) but it is worth the time waiting to see them.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:38 PM

Doing the happy dance here. I have either DMIL's or her mom's puzzle box. It must have held shuttle bobbins as where you picture the round bobbins I have 5 metal fingers that kind of look like they could hold a battery. Not that it was made for that purpose of course. It looks like everything is there except the large screw driver and the screw to hold the seem width thing in place. I also have something that looks like a long hollow needle cut on a slant with a knurled center.

piney
Old 05-31-2012, 10:49 PM

My puzzle box is the one that has the shuttle bobbins, and they are held by a set of 5 or 6 sets of points that hold the shuttles in. I have only 3 shuttles, and have no need for them at this time as I have machines that use the round bobbins. But they do look cute in the box anyway. I was wondering what all of the flat things with spokes, etc did, and then I realized they hold the different things in the box. Dumb me! I also have the spoke thing like in the top left of AZ's box, and now have it holding the right things down. The only things I think that are missing in my puzzle box are the two screwdrivers.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 AM

Default Singer puzzle box questions

Is the attachment foot that holds the hemmers on here? @2nd from the right down towards the bottom, under the middle finger of that holder? What's the squiggle thing on the left, and the thing on the lower left. I would like to find a set to put with my 127 in the treadle drawer. Did these come with the machine originally or were they an optional accessory. Thanks! above post is from a currect ebay listing