Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer Treadle with Lotus Decals >

Singer Treadle with Lotus Decals

Singer Treadle with Lotus Decals

Old 07-31-2021, 09:36 AM

Welcome 8498tx. From my understanding, the Lotus decals were only put on the 66-1. The 66-1 machine uses back clamp presser feet. Also, by brother and I refurbished our sister's 1906 66-1, with Lotus decals, about 11 years ago. It looks like the singer.com no longer has the 66-1 manual but one can be found at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/15...nger-66-1.html It will have diagrams of where to oil.

For the most part, I just wiped down the machine with a soft cotton cloth and sewing machine oil. While this isn't the one I used, it will work https://www.amazon.com/Singer-2131E-.../dp/B000YZ1Y06.

The metal pieces that I could remove, I polished with Simi-Chrome. However, I think any metal polish would work. Also there is a sticky How to Clean Up and use a vintage sewing machine - videos by Muv and Fav

For the wood, I used How to Clean Up and use a vintage sewing machine - videos by Muv and Fav or see Recently exploring machines...

If you have a 66-1 still with the back-clamp presser foot, I doubt that the wooden fold out box has feet that you can use. If the bar was switched out so that you can use regular low shank feet, then maybe.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by 8498tx View Post
I have just purchased a singer treadle with lotus decals says it’s number is B1311936 it says it is a 1905 model 66. How did you know the other lady’s was a 66-1? Also any tips on cleaning it and how to oil it? I don’t want to make the decals rub off. How do you know where it was made? I did get all the attachments and the cabinet. And the attachments are in a wooden really neat fold out box.
Any information or sites to research would be welcome.
As I understand what Janey said, the one pictured is a 66-1 because it has back clamp feet. That's the style of feet (pressure foot, etc.) that she saw in the photo.

I just looked yours up on the ismacs list. It says it's a Singer model 31. You'll have to wait on Janey to interpret that information.

bkay

edit: there are some errors on the Ismacs list. You'll have to post a photo to get a good answer.

Last edited by bkay; 08-01-2021 at 05:00 AM. Reason: added thought
Old 08-01-2021, 05:03 AM

bkay, I had to read the serial number a couple of times. The serial number B1311936 has seven digits so would be between B-1299001 and B1319000, so 20000 model 66 machines were allocated on September 1, 1905.

It looks like Dressmaker's and 8498tx's are from the same allocation date.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 08-01-2021 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:08 AM

Sorry, I misinterpreted the post incorrectly. I thought it was someone new posting a question to an old thread. I guess I'm not fully awake yet.

bkay
Old 08-01-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
Sorry, I misinterpreted the post incorrectly. I thought it was someone new posting a question to an old thread. I guess I'm not fully awake yet.

bkay
Well, obviously, I wasn't fully awake. If I "misinterpreted the post incorrectly", that would mean I was right (double negative). Obviously, I wasn't right.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:51 AM

Welcome to the board 8498tx If your machine is back clamping it is likely a 66-1 and by the age probably New Jersey. If you fold out box divides in to 4 we call those puzzle boxes. Sewing machine oil and soft cloth. Also get a Zoom spout of sewing machine oil and oil the ports, take the circle medallion off the back pillar, take off the faceplate and open the bobbin side. You will find all sorts of places where iron rubs iron oil them all.
Never get water near the decals, it will turn them to silver color.