Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
singer VS2 metal attachment box >

singer VS2 metal attachment box

singer VS2 metal attachment box

Old 06-14-2020, 02:42 PM

Default singer VS2 metal attachment box

I found this metal box of attachments in the drawer of a singer VS2 treadle. Im having trouble figuring out where the ruffler and tuck marker go. The box is nickel plated with no markings. The inside bottom, has a row of thumb nuts that can be moved left or right, to clamp sown the spoon hemmers. The top has two spring clips. Not sure how they work.I don't believe the ruffler on the right belongs with the set. If any one has this set, please post a picture.

singervs2accclosed.jpg
Old 06-14-2020, 02:45 PM

Here is a view if the inside.

singevs2accopen.jpg
Old 06-14-2020, 03:43 PM

That is a neat attachment box. Have you tried the slide plates on the VS2? From my understanding the VS2 didn't come about until after the puzzle boxes and would have come with them. I also don't think that the VS2 had slide plates for the shirring and underbraider. Also the 12-stitch ruffler was made quite a bit later. It should work on the VS2, though.

I tried to get the patent info from the older ruffler, but even enlarging it and using the Windows magnifier, I still couldn't. Are there any other numbers or logos on any of the other attachments?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:28 PM

Thanks Janey. There are several patent dates on the small ruffler. The oldest June 13, 82 and the newest aug 23, 87. It also has the letter s stamped on it in three different places. The other ruffler has 86642 singer stamped on it. The two bow tie clips in the lid are for the large and small screw drivers. They snapped in perfectly. The shirring plates fit in the lid under the screw driver clips. My question now is how is the tucker meant to be stored?
Old 06-15-2020, 03:10 PM

Here are all attachments in the box. The lid will close.

singervs2attcomplete.jpg
Old 01-06-2022, 10:23 PM

Default VS2 Attachment box

I've just acquired a very similar one, so it's great to see this post. My tucker has been badly bent, and I am missing screwdrivers, but most other things are there. Nothing has any Singer numbers or ID's, only the box, black paint with gold lettering, says SINGER.
Attached Thumbnails 20220106_220747.jpg   20220106_221212.jpg   20220106_232230.jpg