Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Spring Cleaning - Shuffling Machines >

Spring Cleaning - Shuffling Machines

Spring Cleaning - Shuffling Machines

Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
...but we’ve removed the door on that bathroom since it is off of our Master bedroom and was just in the way anyway. Any steam that the shower produces has the entire bedroom to dissipate the steam into, therefore not causing any steam problem.

Wow. I may be telling too much. Next thing you know, I’ll be telling everyone our secret that we’ve removed the sliding doors on our walk-in closet to eliminate the “her side - his side” sliding of the doors.....That’s just not something people need to know.....

CD in Oklahoma
lol!! So fair warning if one comes to visit beware of walking in without knocking!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

This has been such an enjoyable post read. I may not read books but who needs to when you've got the board?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 AM

Can you tell that we're pretty "laid-back" around here? LOL!

CD in Oklahoma
Old 04-08-2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
.....beware of walking in without knocking!

It’s always best to knock before entering. Walking in on someone doesn’t happen very much around here. Usually once is enough, and folks go back to knocking first.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 04-08-2014, 01:52 PM

What a Hoot!! i think the bathroom should be handcrank tho. Treadling would just be too awkward
Old 04-09-2014, 01:08 PM

I need to list a few of mine on CL. I don't have one in every room like you, but they're starting to creep close to areas that they shouldn't be near!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:09 PM
KLO

So glad I came back to read the rest of the postings. What a hoot is right! Yeah, laid back in OK for sure but what an interesting life!!! Now CD if you will just give us your address so we can have a "for real" tour, we will be all set. Promise to knock!!! I do have a couple of questions though. Who cleans and how the heck do they do that with all those machines scattered about the house? Also who cooks and where do they do that since it appears that the kitchen is really a work room of sorts? Too personal .... probably but I am just looking for hints so that maybe I can fit more machines in my house in the future. Ha!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
...Who cleans and how the heck do they do that with all those machines scattered about the house? Also who cooks and where do they do that since it appears that the kitchen is really a work room of sorts?...
Sorry that I didn’t get back to you earlier, but I had to take time away from the QB to mow the dirt in our yards. Since we’re still in an extreme drought here that has been going on for years, our “lawn” is now mostly Pigweed that grows tall with the tiniest bit of rain water. The clumps of plants have choked out all of the smaller ground cover, so running a mower over it makes a big dust cloud. We’ve been under Stage Three Water Restrictions, no lawn watering, for the past couple of years. No need to worry about riling up the neighbors or losing dirt though, when the neighbors mow their yards, it’ll all come back.

The best way to clean house, in my opinion (although not my wife’s), is to open all of the doors and windows on a windy day and let the Oklahoma wind do the cleaning. We have red dirt here, but depending on which way the wind is coming from on house cleaning day, you can end up with a new coat of gray or black dust covering everything once in a while. It’s like getting a “change in decor” so to speak.....

My wife and I both cook, although she does most of the cooking. We prepare nearly all of our meals in that little 7x22 kitchen area on the other side of the counter from the Bike Shop, and eat out so rarely that we have to ask other locals where to send our customers when they ask where there’s a good place to eat in town. We probably should eat out more often, but we both like to cook, and have been doing it for 38 years.

CD in Oklahoma